Graphics
Aorus RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Trying to update my high sierra build to 2019-003 security update.
I tried from app store, by downloading pkg package and by softwareupdate in terminal. When I restart I choose boot from install, it goes near the end and then hangs.
The error I get are:

kextd stall[1], 240s AppleACPICPU

and after 3 of those lines:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I tried disabling web drivers from system preferences, I tried with nv_disable=1 at boot, I tried with nvidia on, still no luck. If I reboot from normal I have my system back, with no update and the extra choice in clover always present.

Same problem here.

Mac Pro 3,1 - 10.13.6 it says - SSD Raid 1

Tried to install 2019-003. can not boot anymore. Reinstall (keep partition) does not help.

Only safeboot (shift holding) is still working.

I partially resolved by uninstalling webdriver. Updated successfully but now it won’t boot anymore after driver back in.
I can only boot in safe mode or normally but after webdriver uninstall

I actually never had a nvidia card in this system. i have the original 5770 card installed. With other cards (AMD R9 or GTX 1060, no webdriver) i get no screen what so ever.

I actually never had a nvidia card in this system. i have the original 5770 card installed. With other cards (AMD R9 or GTX 1060, no webdriver) i get no screen what so ever.

Hi there.

Please update your hardware Profile (it's explained in the Rules above) so that others can see what components you are using and will be able to help you. :thumbup:

I have the system up and running now for some days with reboots. GTX 1060 with the web drivers installed. Boots without display (as expected with nvidia) but as soon as Mac OS boots and loads the drivers the graphics work.

just wanted to weigh in - Lenovo T440, intel HD4400. same issue. After attempting to install security update 2019-003 on High Sierra, my laptop is unfathomably f***ed. can't boot the main drive - I get a kextcache error. can't boot the InstallR image to complete the update. Can't boot into recovery partition anymore... nothing. This update thoroughly destroyed my system.

Luckily, I'm diligent about backups. However, I had to try two or three times to create a bootable installer disk (ended up finally succeeding with 10.12 and a VERY bare bones Clover setup). Eventually I was able to boot an installer and then restore from time machine backup over the network

It seems as though this security update makes some pretty massive, sweeping changes to the graphics stack (I wonder if it is related in any way to the new RDP vulnerability they found in Windows this last week?)

Anyway, I rolled back and won't be updating again until a fix is found.

Same problem here. Could not install 2019-003. Only recovery helped to restore working OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back