Graphics
Aorus RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone. I'm trying to run Security Update 2019-002 for High Sierra. I disable wed drivers and selecting boot from update.
It hangs towards the end of installation process, and the bar doesn't move any further.

You reboot with that as primary disk but selecting boot from update?

I think @brewmattster 's suggestion was that you boot to the Clover menu using your UniBeast installer stick and then select "Boot Install..." which should be the next icon along to the right.

From your description of the problem it is hard to know if the stalling is a result of a graphics problem or something else. You can always try booting with "-x" or "-v" command-line options.

Remember you can update the Nvidia web-drivers. They are all available to download in the Downloads section here. For 2019-002 you will need the file currently second from the top.

:)

I think @brewmattster 's suggestion was that you boot to the Clover menu using your UniBeast installer stick and then select "Boot Install..." which should be the next icon along to the right.

From your description of the problem it is hard to know if the stalling is a result of a graphics problem or something else. You can always try booting with "-x" or "-v" command-line options.

Remember you can update the Nvidia web-drivers. They are all available to download in the Downloads section here. For 2019-002 you will need the file currently second from the top.

Ok I re-created the usb stick with high sierra installer and latest clover with nvram.
I choose uefi usb as boot disk, from the clover menu I select boot install, then I get black screen and that's it.
Can I install the update in safe mode?

Ok I re-created the usb stick with high sierra installer and latest clover with nvram.
I choose uefi usb as boot disk, from the clover menu I select boot install, then I get black screen and that's it.
Can I install the update in safe mode?

Remember you can enable or disable Nvidia from the Clover command-line Options, because the UniBeast installer will not have any of your specific changes.

You can try safe-mode if you want but the EFI partition and folders will not be available.

Check if your Caps Lock keyboard light works when you get the black screen. This tells you if your machine has crashed (not working) or if it is just a graphics configuration problem (working).

Remember you can enable or disable Nvidia from the Clover command-line Options, because the UniBeast installer will not have any of your specific changes.

You can try safe-mode if you want but the EFI partition and folders will not be available.

Check if your Caps Lock keyboard light works when you get the black screen. This tells you if your machine has crashed (not working) or if it is just a graphics configuration problem (working).

Booting with dart=0 and nv_disable=1
If I try to add -v or anything else it freeze when I hot return to go back to main clover page.

I’m I right to run clover from usb and then choose the pending update on my system disk to boot? I think this is what we were saying

Edit
I tried now 2019-003 in verbose, booting from main disk clover. It hangs at “kextd stall[1], 240s AppleACPICPU

Edit 2
After 3 of those stall it went on a couple lines and now it’s completely stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back