Contribute
Register

Security Update 2019-001 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All

In 2018 there was a security update 10.13.6 which i have installed the other day as I usually wait a bit before updating, now I see another security update 2019 still for 10.13.6 do i have to update again the apfs.efi file, i believe this is the same as the one i updated at that time?

would reinstalling CUDA drivers fix it ?
is this a good idea..?

small update :
unfortunately reinstalling CUDA Drivers did not help.
CUDA drivers still not working so far..

I guess we then have to wait for Nvidia to release updates.. ?

Last edited:
Nvidia update available and working here

Need help:
Suddenly no webdriver for my poot Nvidia 750, Why????
I am lost because yeasterday I everything working.

The system update itself and I don't want it(I noticed the lost of wevbdriver acc . thing) so I use timemachine but still no acc. thing.

Both webdriver scripts tried, all show driver exists!!

no CUDA update driver yet.. ?

I see still the same one here...

Hello!
sadly today I tried to install the 2019 001 Security Update.. and after second boot it froze at the Apple Logo (Progress Bar about 10%)

I guess it is because i went from APFS to HFS+ (??). (I converted the Partition with Carbon Copy to a fresh HFS+ Formated Drive..because I wanted to use TRIM Again to prevent slow boot upon Start last month.)

Anyone with the same Problem with a High Sierra HFS+ Install? I tried Installing the Security Update with Appstore & Download Installer from Apple Site.

EDIT:
Update went smoothly.. I had made a mistake making a new Clover Boot on the second SSD while copying all Data with Carbon Copy.. so the EFI Kext Folder was empty... after copying all the Kext in the EFI Kext Folder.. the update was successful.

Last edited:
I just ran the 2019 001 Security Update by downloading it from the Apple macOS update page and then running the installer (not from the App Store). On reboot in Clover a new volume selection appears, select the "Install macOS High Sierra" rather than my boot drive, it ran through part of the install process then rebooted. Same thing 2nd time, I selected the "install macOS High Sierra" volume again, this time it took a bit longer, and rebooted. 3rd time Clover was back to normal with just my boot drive and recovery selections. Selected boot drive, boot time was a bit slower as expected while install completed, and everything seems OK so far. The only weird thing that was immediately apparent was that my display arrangement had flipped between the two monitors, so I had to adjust them back to where they were before (it was like this with initial install as well) so some preferences were reset.

Here's the direct link to the Apple download page with the update: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1989?locale=en_US

Last edited:
I'm having a problem with software update since 2018-003. I stuck at IOProviderClass and failed.
Could anyone help me to identify the problem ?

Attachments

• IMG_5648.jpg
    IMG_5648.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 142
  • config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 165
I got just past that. After IOProviderClass I got a bunch of AppleUSBHostResources@ lines, HID:Legacy Shim 2, apfs_module_start, then one more AppleUSBHostResources@ then the big circle with a line thru it.

Update: Fired up the Unibeast USB drive. In Clover selected the updater, and again. Finally all done with updates I removed the Unibeast USB and now the machine boots by itself again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back