Contribute
Register

Security Update 2018-003 High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLVED !

I just cleaned the cash from install here: sudo rm -rf /var/folders/zz/*
And now shutdown is working back as normal again X). Definitely a simple fix for those who faced this! :D

don't work for me, kernel panic
see the debug file

Attachments

• debug_29973.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
I'm having iMessage sync issues since updating. Only messages sent while the machine is on appear. When I force a sync, I get the "Downloading Messages from iCloud..." message in perpetuity. Any suggestions?

Security update 2018-002 and 2018-003 fail to install.
Installation hangs at 50%.

I see the following in verbose:

Architecture couldn't be recognized! PMC_BOOT_0 = <ptr>, PMC_BOOT_42 = 0x00000012

My system definition is Mac Pro 5.1
See other specs in my profile.

i can't update! the update starts but after few minutes a window comes up that says the installation cant be done, with a long log text with errors. can some one help me?
I use clover and hsf+

@da-0n1y, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Having the same "The MacOS installation couldn't be completed" error. Did anyone ever figure out how to alleviate this? I am only able to get to this stage if I boot from my USB stick. If I boot directly to the hard drive, I get a KP. I've tried both the Pre-installer and Installer. I can bypass if I go to the MacOS drive, but that just skips the update.

Attachments

• IMG_20181226_154923.jpg
    IMG_20181226_154923.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Just the other day updated my main workstation from El Capitan to High Sierra. Everything works great, except I can't get the Security Update 2018-003 to apply. It installs, and I see it applying some update during reboot. But each time it comes up and says this update is still available. Tried via softwareupdate -ai --verbose, with no difference. My GA-Z77-DS3H is using MacMini 6.2 definition.

What can I check to see why it's not applying?

Thanks

It installs, and I see it applying some update during reboot. But each time it comes up and says this update is still available.
You are rebooting the "install macOS from..." partition instead of the actual High Sierra partition, right? Because you need to do that until this temporary installation partition disappears and you're only left with the then-updated High Sierra partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back