Contribute
Register

Security Update 2018-001 for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you do that? Any advice?

This person probably prepared with creating a High Sierra UniBeast Drive with all the necesary things needed to do a fresh install before attempting the Security Update. That is what I did in case things go wrong.

I was getting kernel panic after the update so I used the new lilu.kext and using that I was able to boot, during boot the apple logo graphic deformed for a split second. As I had Safari and iTunes updated as well I noticed system was freezing while browsing safari especially some websites. I reverted back to earlier kext and used a backup from time machine and this time I was able to browse the same website flawlessly. So there is definitely still some issues with that kext. Anyone else experiencing freezing issues?

@nitinkapur, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I am getting black screen after security update. (but I can only log in to desktop with nv_disable=1.) I am so frustrated, can't solve this for two days. (I didn't backup before this update.:banghead:)
my osx version: 10.12.6, graphic card: GTX960, WebDriver-378.05.05.25f06 installed.
I tried:
  • install to L/E with KextBeast: lilu.kext (1.2.2) NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (1.2.3)
  • put these two kexts to EFI/EFI/Clover/Kexts/other lilu.kext (1.2.2) NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (1.2.3)
  • update Clover to v4411 with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  • I also update FakeSMC.kext(6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765) USBInjectAll.kext (0.6.4)
  • SMBOIS iMac 17,1
The screen always went black and freeze after the screenshot(IMG_6753) when I reboot.

can someone help me to fix it?
thank you in advance

Attachments

• IMG_6753.jpg
    IMG_6753.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 233
  • config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
I got a crash too with the security update and tried several options but the one for me that worked was:
1 do a new install
2 update Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext with Kextbeast (https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/categories/kexts.11/)
3 Update Sierra with the security update

Hardware: Asrock Z170M Pro4S, Intel i7 7700K, 2x4GB Crucial, 128GB M500 Crucial SSD.

I got a crash too with the security update and tried several options but the one for me that worked was:
1 do a new install
2 update Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext with Kextbeast (https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/categories/kexts.11/)
3 Update Sierra with the security update

Hardware: Asrock Z170M Pro4S, Intel i7 7700K, 2x4GB Crucial, 128GB M500 Crucial SSD.

Kernel Panic after Security Update
I did the same except the new instal
booted in safe mode -v -x
update Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext with Kextbeast
Works Again

OS X 10.11.6 (15G20015), note this build number of 15G20015 has 2 versions of Nvidia Graphics Driver, WebDriver-346.03.15f13 and WebDriver-346.03.15f14.

I was having instant crashes every 2-4 hours with f13 version and fixed it by manually installing WebDriver-346.03.15f14 as I found Nvidia control panel software updater was not picking up the latter bug fix update.

Mac Pro 4.1 flashed to 5.1, card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950

Last edited:
Hello, since this thread is long and very often it's not sure if the problems are with 10.12 and 10.13, and if they are only there with Nvidia cards, i wanted to ask if it's safe to make the security update in my constellation.

(10.13.4, and a Radeon 580 video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back