Contribute
Register

Security Update 2018-001 for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just applied the update, Kernel Panic, restarted in single user, removed Lilu kext and rebooted OK.
Had to set SMBIOS to iMac13,1 from iMac15,1 will work on this later for now back up.

Can you tell me where to find or delete this please? I can only boot into my system with the flag "-liluoff"

Hi,
for me helped this workaround:

BACKUP FIRST! :)

Changing the entry below <key>NVDARequiredOS</key> in /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/info.plist to <string>16G1212</string> and repairing permissions etc. with:
  1. sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
  2. sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
  3. sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
  4. sudo kextcache -Boot -U /
  5. reboot

I'm on 10.12.6 with a GF 1070

would anyone know if this contains CPU microcode and is in any way likely to cause issues beyond the Nvidia/lilu/other-kexts-reported above purely because of the wrong microcode ending up uploaded to the CPU (due to e.g. system definition assumptions)?

Still getting a panic every boot on the lilu kext, and I can't seem to disable lilu during boot. -liluoff in clover still gives a panic and the mac then reboots. I cannot get to single user like this. Any tips?

EDIT: found out how to prevent lilu from loading..

Last edited:
Can you tell me where to find or delete this please? I can only boot into my system with the flag "-liluoff"
Look in the clover folder on the EFI partition, in the kexts folder where Lilu is... I just deleted this and was able to boot.

@michelb - liluoff not working for me either - how did you manage to disable it? Thanks!

press spacebar on the boot volume in clover, then select the option to disable a kext. then when you have booten up, open clover, mount efi partition and replace lilu with the new version: https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu

Build (16G1212) WebDriver-346.03.15b01 working :)

Did you patch that driver? If so, how? I have build 378.05.05.25f04 and replacing the build number in the plist did nothing.

I normally removed WebDriver-346.03.15f11 and the normal installation of WebDriver-346.03.15b01 works ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back