Contribute
Register

Security Update 2018-001 for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Any problems installing this security update on El Capitan?
Had KP on 10.11.6 (iGPU HD530). Booted single, updated Lilu + AppleALC, no more KP.

Hi All,

I also installed this update on Sierra and got kernel panic. The system wont start. At the moment the Mac OS will not boot in safe mode. So I deleted the Lilu.kext and Lilu.kext.dSYM folders from the Cover bootloader USB in Windows.

Unfortunately the Mac OS still does not want to boot. Hope someone can help me on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had KP on 10.11.6 (iGPU HD530). Booted single, updated Lilu + AppleALC, no more KP.

I have a USB audio device, so i think i don't have AppleALC or Lilu (never heard of it).

-> So I presume I can safely update 10.11.6 (Capitan)? Nvidia drivers working?

Hello! Any problems installing this security update on El Capitan?
Yes Kernel Panic - reinstall old version.

Updated AppleALC before install Security Update ---> all fine.

Attachments

• 2018-01-24 18.03.43.jpg
    2018-01-24 18.03.43.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 443
Last edited:
4CC1F736-5990-4CD9-AA21-919373E72A19.jpeg
At Clover Boot Screen select Options and add -liluoff to Boot Args
Update Lilu.kext and existing Lilu plugins to latest version.

I’ve updated lilu along with the intel and noviciate fix ups and applealc in my clover/kexts/other folder as I was getting a black screen (nvidia graphics have been updated). Now I get a different kernel panic as attached (wonderfully rotated by jpeg metadata).

View attachment 308862

I’ve updated lilu along with the intel and noviciate fix ups and applealc in my clover/kexts/other folder as I was getting a black screen (nvidia graphics have been updated). Now I get a different kernel panic as attached (wonderfully rotated by jpeg metadata).

Panic is in AppleHDA. Remove any patches/files/etc related to audio patching (eg. remove AppleALC.kext or any patched AppleHDA components). Also remove any patches you may have for AppleHDA components in config.plist.

Updated El Capitan 10.11.6 with Nvdia driver: succes

(don't have lilu or AppleALC)

Updated successfully my 10.12.6. Sierra.

I updated Clover. Replaced AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext with newer versions.
After this I installed the security update 2018-001.
No kernel panic and booting in MacOS, after this I had to update Nvidia WebDrivers and restart.

Updated successfully my 10.12.6. Sierra.

I updated Clover. Replaced AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext with newer versions.
After this I installed the security update 2018-001.
No kernel panic and booting in MacOS, after this I had to update Nvidia WebDrivers and restart.

Am also experiencing the kernel panic on bootup.
I finally got safe mode to work, so how do I replace the AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext with newer versions? Where do I find this the updates?

Also on 10.12.6 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back