Contribute
Register

Security Update 2017-005 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. I tried updating clover and it says it's already up to date. Version/revision 4369.

What I did was reinstall everything, including el capitan, only this time I made sure two things were done before updating to the latest security firmware:

1) updated Clover to the latest version
2) Made sure HFSPlus.efi was installed.

Updated to latest SF and nothing went wrong. I find what's important is to never save anything important onto your hackintosh Hard drive.

Edit: I would add that some posters in previous states of Clover have said it uninstalls HFSPlus.efi for some reason. I'm guessing the latest update fixed that error?

Like some others, I am stuck in a boot loop at the point of restarting to complete the latest security update for 10.11.6. I cannot boot in either verbose or safe mode—my Hackintosh constantly loops back to the Post.

This morning I upgraded from 10.11.5 to 10.11.6 via the App Store download. That appeared to go without a hitch. I then upgraded to the latest Nvidia driver, also without any apparent hitch.

Next, I downloaded and installed the Security Update from the App Store. The installation should complete with an automatic restart but I go into the boot loop at that point.

The comments above lead me to think I should have begun by reloading Clover, If that’s true, I need a very basic refresher on the steps to follow. It’s been almost 18 months since I built this Hackintosh and I that was my first and only experience with Clover.

Currently I can only boot into my backup El Capitan V 10.11.5. My current Clover is 2.3k r3423 installed from my original El Capitan Multibeast installation. I have my original USB which I used to initially install El Capitan. I do have Clover Configurator.

What steps do I follow to reload Clover given that I cannot boot into 10.11.6 which I just installed?

Thank you very much, Jim

Like some others, I am stuck in a boot loop at the point of restarting to complete the latest security update for 10.11.6. I cannot boot in either verbose or safe mode—my Hackintosh constantly loops back to the Post.

This morning I upgraded from 10.11.5 to 10.11.6 via the App Store download. That appeared to go without a hitch. I then upgraded to the latest Nvidia driver, also without any apparent hitch.

Next, I downloaded and installed the Security Update from the App Store. The installation should complete with an automatic restart but I go into the boot loop at that point.

The comments above lead me to think I should have begun by reloading Clover, If that’s true, I need a very basic refresher on the steps to follow. It’s been almost 18 months since I built this Hackintosh and I that was my first and only experience with Clover.

Currently I can only boot into my backup El Capitan V 10.11.5. My current Clover is 2.3k r3423 installed from my original El Capitan Multibeast installation. I have my original USB which I used to initially install El Capitan. I do have Clover Configurator.

What steps do I follow to reload Clover given that I cannot boot into 10.11.6 which I just installed?

Thank you very much, Jim

You gotta open clover, mount your EFI from the mount EFI option.

Go to Finder, Go, All my files, and find your EFI device from the Devices column on the left.

Open the folder clover, config.plist. That should open clover again with all your config settings.

Update clover to the latest version, make sure HFSPlus from the install drivers is installed.

Run the update and hope nothing else goes wrong.

You gotta open clover, mount your EFI from the mount EFI option.

Go to Finder, Go, All my files, and find your EFI device from the Devices column on the left.

Open the folder clover, config.plist. That should open clover again with all your config settings.

Update clover to the latest version, make sure HFSPlus from the install drivers is installed.

Run the update and hope nothing else goes wrong.

GustoGuud,

I want to make sure I understand: While booted into my backup OS X, 10.11.5, do I use Clover Configurator to open Clover and mount myEFI and then proceed with the other steps you outlined? In that case I am essentially starting over with my upgrade to 10.11.6 followed by the Security Update, all while booted into my backup OS X. Have I got this right??

Thank you--Jim

GustoGuud,

I want to make sure I understand: While booted into my backup OS X, 10.11.5, do I use Clover Configurator to open Clover and mount myEFI and then proceed with the other steps you outlined? In that case I am essentially starting over with my upgrade to 10.11.6 followed by the Security Update, all while booted into my backup OS X. Have I got this right??

Thank you--Jim

You're not starting over when opening the clover configurator from el cap install, you're just maintaining current settings necessary to booting correctly. Don't mess about, just make sure its updated and certain drivers like the one I mentioned is installed. Well doing some research to fix the issue I had, read that one of the clover states uninstalled the HFSPlus driver for some reason. That driver is what prevents the plus sign hang up while booting.

You're not starting over when opening the clover configurator from el cap install, you're just maintaining current settings necessary to booting correctly. Don't mess about, just make sure its updated and certain drivers like the one I mentioned is installed. Well doing some research to fix the issue I had, read that one of the clover states uninstalled the HFSPlus driver for some reason. That driver is what prevents the plus sign hang up while booting.

Thanks for sticking with me on this. Because of my boot issue with the security update, I now have two SSD's with different versions of El Capitan. The SSD with 10.11.6 is the one that goes into the boot loop, so I can't boot into it. What I meant by "starting over" is I think I need to boot into my backup SSD which has 10.11.5 on it, load and update Clover, and then upgrade to 10.11.6 and the Security Update on that drive. I picture that my SSD with 10.11.6 is useless to me right now. Am I thinking correctly?

Again, thank you, Jim

Thanks for sticking with me on this. Because of my boot issue with the security update, I now have two SSD's with different versions of El Capitan. The SSD with 10.11.6 is the one that goes into the boot loop, so I can't boot into it. What I meant by "starting over" is I think I need to boot into my backup SSD which has 10.11.5 on it, load and update Clover, and then upgrade to 10.11.6 and the Security Update on that drive. I picture that my SSD with 10.11.6 is useless to me right now. Am I thinking correctly?

Again, thank you, Jim

Well, at the time I tried everything from the options menu in clover boot to settings in my bios to get it to go past the plus sign boot and nothing worked. Not sure if there is a fix yet, maybe a different poster does? All I know is I had to reinstall El Cap and to be honest, it turned out for the best because I was able to update switchresx and get the HDPI at 60 Hz working. Didn't have anything important saved either so it worked out okay for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back