Contribute
Register

Security Update 2017-004 10.11.6 El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there is no NVIDIA Web Driver update for this OSX build so far.

The old NVIDIA web driver also works in my case after editing the build version of OS X 10.11.6 in info.plist, as described in the first post of this thread.

In addition, fix Problem #4 (Monitor goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence when using iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1 system definition) as described in this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/ using method #3.

If you end up with a black screen after boot: Boot with nvda_drv=0 at Clover start options to fix.
To reboot with a black screen ;-) use this keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+Cmd+Eject

Last edited:
Any other issues with this update besides the usual Nvidia problems? I'm using Intel graphics, so no worries there, but I want to make sure my install doesn't get bricked.

Any other issues with this update besides the usual Nvidia problems? I'm using Intel graphics, so no worries there, but I want to make sure my install doesn't get bricked.

AFAIK with SecurityUpdate 2017-004 Apple give us (mainly) 'KRACK' Wi-fi vulnerabilities patch as same as prev. 10.13.1 release, but for "get bricked" issue that U take care of, it maybe caused by many factors. If not Apple bug itself (that I still found nothing, so far), so ur config with bootloader etc. since we're using hackintosh. IMHO, this won't happened if we know better about our mach. But if U're unsure, just make a backup of ur working system, EFI folder etc, waiting for report from another users that using a same build, or don't update at all.

AFAIK with SecurityUpdate 2017-004 Apple give us (mainly) 'KRACK' Wi-fi vulnerabilities patch as same as prev. 10.13.1 release, but for "get bricked" issue that U take care of, it maybe caused by many factors. If not Apple bug itself (that I still found nothing, so far), so ur config with bootloader etc. since we're using hackintosh. IMHO, this won't happened if we know better about our mach. But if U're unsure, just make a backup of ur working system, EFI folder etc, waiting for report from another users that using a same build, or don't update at all.
Thanks for the reply. Kind of tough to find other folks using El Cap, because most people here seem to like the bleeding edge. But any way I installed 2017-004 and the system successfully booted up. So it works fine with an HP Probook 6460b and El Cap.

Can confirm successful install 2017-004.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back