Contribute
Register

Security Update 2017-002 for 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you've got a ProBook. Have you tried it on that laptop, or have you already upgraded to Sierra? I'm most nervous about my Probook 6460b on El Cap.

Just updated my 4530s update went fine. Nothing to worry about tbh.

are there nvidia drivers for this kernel version yet?

I don't think so, I ran the updates, problem is the drivers don't work taking me to the default osx drivers where everything loads like a slide show. AGDPFix is going in loops, not working. Using Imac 17.1 build.

Would recommend waiting for the driver update for this one.

Edit: I should add I'm on El Cap, 10.11.16

Last edited:
My system got bricked due to this update.

Not quite sure what the issue is as I don't have Display until GPU drivers are loaded. I'm thinking that it might be a GPU related issue.

Recovery mode is still working though. Currently rolling back to a previous Time Capsule backup.

it may be that nvidia has not yet released web drivers for this kernel revision, sometimes it takes them a few days to a week

it may be that nvidia has not yet released web drivers for this kernel revision, sometimes it takes them a few days to a week
Heh, I wish it were that simple to debug -- I'm running an AMD R9 290X. :p

Looks like I'll be spending my evening debugging. Who knows, maybe it's non-GPU related for me!

I'm just updated and everything work normally except I have to re-install my patched AppleHDA kext.

I'm on El Capitan OS X 10.11.6 (15G1510) w/ Enoch bootloader.

it bricked my system too... going back to my latest clone... sh************t....

From my side everything worked fine! The only thing i had to reinstall were my nvidia web drivers. Audio worked without reinstalling the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back