X5670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone tried this yet? Did it brick your Hack, or was it smooth sailing?

I see you've got a ProBook. Have you tried it on that laptop, or have you already upgraded to Sierra? I'm most nervous about my Probook 6460b on El Cap.

I see you've got a ProBook. Have you tried it on that laptop, or have you already upgraded to Sierra? I'm most nervous about my Probook 6460b on El Cap.

I haven't updated my Probook yet. I don't see why you should have any issues. Im avoiding Sierra altogether.

Anytime there's a kernel update I get nervous. That always has the potential to throw a spanner in the works.

Anytime there's a kernel update I get nervous. That always has the potential to throw a spanner in the works.

Recommend doing a Time Machine Backup when doing a Update. I don't really worry that much.

Been a while since I backed up a Hack. Does SuperDuper + Clover installer still get you a bootable clone?

Been a while since I backed up a Hack. Does SuperDuper + Clover installer still get you a bootable clone?

Nope. Time Machine doesn't back up EFI Partition I'm not worried about that anyway.

My system got bricked due to this update.

Not quite sure what the issue is as I don't have Display until GPU drivers are loaded. I'm thinking that it might be a GPU related issue.

Recovery mode is still working though. Currently rolling back to a previous Time Capsule backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back