HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I just installed the latest security update. All applications, including App Store, System Preference, cannot started. It shows "it may be damaged or incompleted"
Please help!

Same here. I don't have NVDIA, just HD4000 graphics. The applications folder won't show the files. So any program i want to start fails, also from utilities. Other mounted disks open fine. Users folder also ok. If i start from another drive (Mavericks) the drive is seen and appears ok and i can open the Applications folder too.

Will try further and report here. But any help and hints what to try are appreciated!

update: After 30 mins the applications folder is showing the apps but without the proper icons and they won't run. I am about to restore a backup...

Last edited:
I managed to fix the issue by resinstall El Capitan(old ver) with Unibeast. Then updating to 10.11.6.
Before reinstalling, I tried to boot Mac in to recovery mode but couldnt do so by pressing "Command + R". But cannot start the recovery mode. Anyone can show me how to start recovery in Hacintosh? thanks

I reverted from a backup that already contained 10.11.6. And did the security update again (on another SSD drive just to test) and it works as should. This security update is not listed on "installed updates the last 30 days" on the update tab though...

I think we just experienced the same glitch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back