Contribute
Register

Security Update 2016-003 for 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting. Upgraded last night, just had to reinstall the NVidia web driver and restore my backed up AppleAHCIPort.kext. This update seemed pretty extensive for a mere security update.

reinstall the web driver? Here it says the version is not compatible with my OS X version. Latest 10.11.6

How did you do that?

It's been a while, but I think I just went NVidia.com and performed a fresh download.

Ah ,i just realized this is an old thread. No worries then.will have to wait for tomorrow I guess. There was a security update from today, wich broke my webdriver.

Ah ,i just realized this is an old thread. No worries then.will have to wait for tomorrow I guess. There was a security update from today, wich broke my webdriver.
Every update that changes the OS build number will "break your web driver".
The web drivers are usually updated fairly quickly after OS updates.

Check macvidcards.com to match web drivers to build numbers.

Once the new web drivers are available you can update through the Nvidia preference pane.

Has anyone tried the "Security Update 2016-003 Supplemental Update 10.11.6"? It says it fixes something in the kernel, which makes me nervous.

Has some1 tryed to edit the web drivers plist to patch the latest f05? I guess fxx version is more stable than a bxx, am i wrong?

You can use this version WebDriver-346.03.15b01.pkg . It work for me after every update and i wait for a new version

I used the beta as well which works fine until updated drivers are available

I used the beta as well which works fine until updated drivers are available

where do i find this beta exactly? I had a look on the NVDIA page but couldn't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back