Contribute
Register

Security Update 2015-003 Breaks NVIDIA Web Driver Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the meantime NVDIA released an updated webdriver, so just update to that driver (346.02.03f02)

You don't have to use the values of a real Mac for iMessage to work and really you shouldn't because it can cause iMessage and iCloud to stop working on both machines. On both of my hacks all values (MLB, UUID, serial number) are all generated values and I have had any issues with iMessage or iCloud since February 2015 when most people's started working.

You should use a smbios that best reflects your system. Commonly used ones are iMac14,2 and MacPro3,1. You shouldn't use MacPro4,1/5,1/6,1 or iMac15,1.
I understand that, but this system has been working with Nvidia graphics for months, so I would guess the SMBIOS is not the problem here. Any other ideas on what could be causing graphics to not load with the 004 security update and up-to-date Nvidia web and CUDA drivers?

I've already tried uninstalling the drivers, setting nv_disable=1, reinstalling the drivers, setting nvda_drv=1 (and unsetting nv_disable), and rebooting, and I still don't get Nvidia graphics. I've also tried changing the NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist to 14F1021, saving, running Kext Utility, and repairing permissions with Disk Utility - and still no graphics.

Aside from reinstalling the entire operating system, does anyone else have any suggestions for how to get graphics back? If I delete NVDAStartup.kext, delete the web drivers and reinstall, will it create that kext again during web driver installation?

Hi there,

I accidentally allowed the 2015-007 update and it broke my Nvidia card (again). I am running a Mac Pro 1,1 late 2007 with Mavericks 10.9.5 and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670. I tried fixing it the way I did last time (I think update 005), but this time it did not work. I ran the Sudo and opened the plist, but to my surprise the line you are supposed to change was already reading the correct version number for Mavericks. Could someone guide me through updating this for Mavericks use so I can start from scratch again to fix it? Thanks!

Thanks for posting this fix - just fixed my NVidia driver after updating Yosemite 10.10.5 with security update 2015-006. Usually I'm able to download an updated NVidia driver but they haven't released one yet for this update so I successfully applied the fix to the NVidia plist file. One small point is that you have to re-select the NVidia driver from the display preferences.

Nvidia just released the fix: 346.02.03f04. Was notified through Nvidia control panel today. I'm still on 10.10.5 and had the same issue after the last security update. I temporarily fixed this by installing the beta driver (346.02.03b01), but this latest update is good to go. :headbang:

And again it brakes it. I´m on Yosemite but when i copy this in terminal "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel", after password i get this:
AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext has no Info.plist file.

AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext has no Info.plist file.

AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext has no Info.plist file.

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext has no Info.plist file.

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext has no Info.plist file.

Can't update the system prelinked kernel during safe boot.

...i successfully changed my Nvidiastartup kexts plist to 14F1912. Now i guess i´m stuck in here- the last 2 terminal commands.

And again it brakes it. I´m on Yosemite but when i copy this in terminal "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel", after password i get this:

Can't update the system prelinked kernel during safe boot.

...i successfully changed my Nvidiastartup kexts plist to 14F1912. Now i guess i´m stuck in here- the last 2 terminal commands.

New driver is out

Now waiting for driver for 14F2109.... should have waited to update the OS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back