Contribute
Register

Security Update 2015-003 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

Can I get a little help please? I've just updated this via Mac App store, I installed the cuda and the web os driver as well but I have a little problem. The "About Mac" window does not show correct info about my gpu and the "System report" doesn't too. I have a GTX 780 and it says that I have "Nvidia Chip Model 128 MB". Everything is working actually but this thing is really annoying.

Waiting for reply :beachball:

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 10.49.00.jpg

Same issue as @innoc, after the upgrade, shows me "Nvidia Chip Model 128 MB". In my case, I have the Nvidia GTX 760 2GB with the native drivers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 7.16.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 7.16.11 AM.png
    178 KB · Views: 157
Hello!

Can I get a little help please? I've just updated this via Mac App store, I installed the cuda and the web os driver as well but I have a little problem. The "About Mac" window does not show correct info about my gpu and the "System report" doesn't too. I have a GTX 780 and it says that I have "Nvidia Chip Model 128 MB". Everything is working actually but this thing is really annoying.

Waiting for reply :beachball:

View attachment 131734

Same issue as @innoc, after the upgrade, shows me "Nvidia Chip Model 128 MB". In my case, I have the Nvidia GTX 760 2GB with the native drivers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Just use the new Nvidia Web Driver to solve the "issue"

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/83493/en-us

I seem to be having an odd issue with this update. I cloned my boot drive to another drive and verified a successful boot with it, but after applying the update and installing the new web driver I can't get back into OSX unless I boot with a -f variable to ignore caches. Without the variable I get a rectangle and the circle with a slash though it. If I boot in verbose mode I see the system hang on "still waiting for root device". System boots fine with -f otherwise. Is there a way to permanently purge the caches? Or am I doing something else wrong?

I would like to get to the bottom of this issue with my spare drive before deploying the update on my main drive.

Kernel
If your system requires a patched kernel in order to provide enhanced support for X99 systems, it may need to be re-patched. You may need to boot into the UniBeast installer in order to use the Terminal to re-patch the kernel. Please follow the instructions here for full details:

My system will not run the update, it just freezes or in other words shows no status progress? I'm on a X99 system. So, I'm wondering if it will not run because of the patched kernel. I wish I was re-patching my kernel but, I can't seems to install. Has anyone else been able to install the security patch on a X99 to confirm my issue is not related? Best Regards, Brian

Hey guys,

I'm freaking out here ... everything is gone after I did the update and I don't know what to do ... (And obviously I have no backup because I'm an idiot)

After installing the update, I restarted and here is what happened:

- Issues with the keychain so I had to reset the password
- Icons in the sidebar disappeared, I no longer have anything to access Documents, Movie, Desktop... etc ...
- When I'm on finder and use the shortcut cmd+shift+d to access my desktop folder it says "The operation can't be completed because the item can't be found"
- I can't launch dropbox (probably because it can't find the folder either)
- My preferences for mouse (like scrolling natural disabled or sensibility) are gone
- I just realized that one of my partition's Mount point (in disk utility) was changed (which is probably the cause of many issues)

Quick note: the way I installed everything is I have my boot on an SSD and all my folders set to a second hard drive (for documents, movie, music etc.) The only thing in SSD is the boot and the application folder.

Did I do something wrong? Does anybody know what I should do before throwing myself out the window?

Thanks a lot for your help
David'

EDIT: Sorry for the panic... After researching a bit I actually found out that the real issue was the new mount point. Here is what I did.

When I went in Disk utility, I saw that the mount point name changed from Library to Library 1. They call it Ghost Mount point. What you need to do is:

- First, back up anything that is in both volumes in case something goes wrong
- Then, you need to remove the ghost mount point (The mount point with -1 at the end is not necessarily the ghost that you need to remove). Check the size of both and the smaller one is likely to be the one causing problems.
- Go in your terminal and login as super user (type 'su' and then your password)
- Then type 'cd /Volumes'
- In my case, the ghost was 'Library' so I did: 'mv Library /Volumes/AnotherDisk
- I rebooted and everything was fine.

I hope I helped and again sorry for the panic attack.

Best
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back