Contribute
Register

Security Update 2015-003 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waited a couple days to see what the responses were. No issues for me. Still running like a champ! 2015-03-22_0727.jpg even had an iphoto update right after and still no issues

Yes! that worked. Thanks guys!

Z77-UD5H, 3770K, GTX 670 - no issues with this update even 3 days later, running as smooth as before.

OS X also says it's using the nVidia Web Driver even though its listed as not compatible.

Thanks! So far it has been normal seeming to me.

I have not yet made a good effort to fix iMessage and strangely it worked for a few hours after making this update (I can always receive them, but cannot send them...) All of the sudden I noticed the names were no longer red and it was working like normal. Today it is broken as it was before.

I'm trying to determine if it was coincidental that iMessage worked momentarily or if the update had something to do with it, and if so, what exactly may have happened.

If I get any more info I'll tell you guys (I'm reading through the iMessage guide to see if I accidentally addressed any of those while updating.)

OS Version Fix!

For OS Version fix:

1a. /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext
1b. Right click - Show Package Contents

2. Open info.plist with Textwrangler

3. Goto Line:

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14C1510</string>

4. Change string with new OS Version: 14C1514

5. Save it

6. Replace modded kext with Kextbeast.

7. Repair Permissions

8. Restart

That's it!

Note: It's better to delete the old kext than replace it!

For less restarts, do all these before restart required by nvidia installer or you can do it by extracting kexts with "Pacifist.app" for those who have iMac SMbios just like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back