Contribute
Register

Security Update 2015-002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I was not as lucky. I ran the security update then I was only able to boot in via -x otherwise I would get the prohibitory sign. I installed the new nvidia driver restarted. Still the prohibitory sign. I booted -v and the attached image is what I saw.
Boot Error.jpg
I removed my RME UCX kext which is an audio interface via USB, unplugged everything, removed all the IOUSB kexts for the hell of it, and also the TRIM enabler (that worked for someone else who had “USBMSC Identifier”). I have tried repair permissions and cache after most of this with kext wizard will booted on mountain lion build. Now I can’t get booted up with either -x or -f and I still get the same message via -v.

• :crazy:

I am a bit new so maybe there is something I am not doing that you guys would naturally do. Maybe I messed something up along this route of troubleshooting. I am not sure. Would love your help!

Thanks!

So Here is an update, I kind of gave up and made a clone of my drive, thinking I would wipe it and try migration assistant to get apps and such off the funky boot. I ran my unibeast USB and installed the OS without erasing my drive by accident. I went to boot up my fresh install SSD and it booted right into my Yosemite OS with all my old installs, settings and it was as if I did nothing except the only thing that changed was that it was booting up! Don't know what happened but would love to if one of you knows what foolishness lead me to a working boot. :D

Thanks!

Last edited:
You were correct, this was not a tonymac issue, but a problem on apples side :headbang:

So has everybody moved on to Yosemite now? I'm still cautious and it's expensive for a "free" upgrade, considering that there is time involved, new upgrades required for some commercial software, and the initial reports were less than stellar. Is it really worth it if one has no iPhone/iPad, etc?

Have others applied the 2015-002 update for Mavericks? Are there any "Gotchas" for Mavericks installations on pretty standard hardware (past/present "buyers' list" components)?

I'm running Mavericks and the update went smooth.

I've pondered the move to Yosemite but there's no value in it for me (at this time) 10.9.5 works fine and if it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

I had problems after update with Wake/sleep, my computer starts but after a few seconds i have a system problem my computer restart automaticaly and a screen with apple problem reports apears with a problem of CPU. Someone else had this kind of trouble?

Thanks

This update totally FIXED my problems with SLEEP/WAKE/SHUTDOWN! Now it works just like in good old times of Mavericks (or like on REAL Mac). Just made update and rebooted.

Thank you Apple!

Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 // Pentium G630 // GT640

:clap:

I'm running Mavericks and the update went smooth.

I've pondered the move to Yosemite but there's no value in it for me (at this time) 10.9.5 works fine and if it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

Good to hear I'm not the only one and thank you for responding. If I do make the move to Yosemite, I'd probably be doing it on at least one of my two "real Macs" and all three of my Hackintosh towers, which all have different chipsets, etc. I just don't think the pros outweigh the cons (which includes the time and other expenses).

I.e., it may be non-trivial getting them all on Yosemite, and I really would want it to be a more-or-less all-or-nothing thing. I've had some headaches in the past when my systems weren't running the same version. And right now, they are all running pretty nicely. I'm very hesitant to jinx that.

Last edited:
Installed update from MAS, when rebooted gave a kernel panic, as would any subsequent shutdown/reboot. Downloaded the stand alone installer and after install everything worked as before.

For anyone that has had success with "nv_disable", could you please provide an example copy of your full plist file? I am having no luck booting with nv_disable (or any other setting) so I'm trying to figure out what might be amiss. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back