Contribute
Register

Security Update 2015-002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol that update broke my default drivers too I could run my GTX780 with native drivers and now no longer can do that… GJ apple :clap: hahaha I hope this is not an anti hackintosh security update :confused:

Should we wait for another apple update and see what happens? Or is there any fix for this driver stuff?

I'm running a 780 as well and the NVIDIA update was available right after I updated. Should work for you too.

I've got a UD5H and haven't had any issues. Booting into my user, I was prompted with a message saying the default video driver was used and I update the NVIDIA driver and no issues found except something odd going on with the App Store for me. It's not allowing me to update apps but I am yet to confirm whether the two occurrences are related or not.

MAS was down for several hours today so it's unrelated to the web driver update.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/apple-itunes-app-store-mac-app-store-article-1.2145319

Mavericks has a new security update, too

So has everybody moved on to Yosemite now? I'm still cautious and it's expensive for a "free" upgrade, considering that there is time involved, new upgrades required for some commercial software, and the initial reports were less than stellar. Is it really worth it if one has no iPhone/iPad, etc?

Have others applied the 2015-002 update for Mavericks? Are there any "Gotchas" for Mavericks installations on pretty standard hardware (past/present "buyers' list" components)?

Cloned drive, installed update, rebooted, everything worked fine. I even got a bonus - the Messages app started working, which had been non-functional since I installed Yosemite. GTX 670 here, no drama with the video driver either.

I installed the update a little too early, because I thought it was an ordinary security update.

At the point where my machine should shut down it got stuck with only my desktop picture and a mouse cursor which didn't move.
After a while I forced a hard-reset.
When my machine booted it was stuck with a grey screen. So I tried the boot-flags -v -x and -f and nothing helped.

Finally I thought, i had to reinstall my system, so I took my designated USB-key with unibeast (although at version 10.10.0) and booted from it.

But first I tried disk utility on my boot-ssd and...

-> hooray!! fixing the PERMISSIONS helped!!!

Download the drivers from the updated link in OP, do not install them just yet, Do the upgrade for OS and reboot. Might need to reboot with nv_disable=1 and when you get to the desktop run your new nvidia driver. Make sure you click to use the driver and not the os x defualt driver. reboot and you should be good.

thanks for help. everythings work :thumbup:

CLOVER

No issues on my Haswell-E system. However, installed before reading this post and in my case, the I did not have to re-patch the kernel. It just installed and re-booted without issue. I have not installed the auto patch option in my Clover config either. Maybe new kernel supports Haswell-E? or it doesn't overwrite the my existing patched kernel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back