GA-Z77X-UDH5
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX650 TI
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I had yosemite 10.10.2 running ok, for a long time. today I made this update from App Store and the system boots ok, but after a very few seconds it HANGS and nothing more...Hardware seems to be ok, since I can boot from another partition without issues....any help on how to fix that? I reallydont want to reinstall all...big tks :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I had a similar problem when updating to 10.10.2. I used Yosemite cache cleaner to do a deep clean on all caches, (as well as Kext wizard.app to rebuild the kext cache. Also disable trim support temporarily, and check the chameleon.boot.plist in the Extra folder to make sure it contains the lines:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

(I've noticed that Multibeast and Nvidia web drivers sometimes screw up the boot file, by deleting parts of kernel flag strings. Took me dozens of hours, before I discovered the problem. Keep a backup of the chameleon boot file handy at all times too.)

Also a good idea to run permissions repair again (can be done from within Yosemite cache Cleaner). Be aware that cache cleaners can sometimes disable certain software keys that rely on cached files, that can reside in both user caches, and systems caches. you may need to re-authorize some software, and/or re-install, but this is the trade-off. My machine has been running perfectly since.

Wish me luck on 2015-002, thanks for posting this problem.

P.S. I eventually had to disable the kext cache on boot due to various kernel panics, (it doesn't boot as fast, but seems much more reliable without it enabled.)

It seems like the security update changed something and now the Nvidia web driver is no longer compatible which is a problem if you have a Maxwell based GPU like me :(

as a temporary fix i uninstalled nvidia web driver, everything runs great except for the magic mouse that is not tracking anymore...clicking and gestures works as always and of course connects to bt without issue, except for this weird thing...
is there anybody who knows how to reset the mouse? Sometime ago i had that reset and had to enter the 0000 code to get it paired, but i can remember...any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back