MSI GTX 460 SE V2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,
I just updated to 10.10.3 today. Everything went OK except for my 2nd monitor in my dual monitor setup. there is no signal to that monitor. It works on my Windows 8 HDD so I think it is due to the update. Any one has any idea about this?
Thanks

You did not mention whether you used Chimera or Clover.

For my Clover build, I had a similar experience with my build, second monitor not recognized, nor powered. What worked for me was to remove Inject Nvidia from startup (config.plist), this was after I installed the Nvidia web driver.

*Note* I have different hardware than you, but this did work for me.

Hi all,
I just updated to 10.10.3 today. Everything went OK except for my 2nd monitor in my dual monitor setup. there is no signal to that monitor. It works on my Windows 8 HDD so I think it is due to the update. Any one has any idea about this?
Thanks

I have a PNY GTX 460 in my Mac Pro hack that has several bootable versions of OS X, and one is 10.10. I have pulled it out and set it up with two displays (both from the DVI ports on the GPU). This works, both displays are up and sound and Ethernet work...

I am making a clone of the 10.10 and will update it to 10.10.3 and let you know what happens.

And this machine is a Chimera test bed where 10.10 is booting with Chimera 4.0.1.

Good modding,
neil

baby007 I updated my system from 10.10 to 10.10.3 using the App Store Update and found no change.

Before my system on 10.10 would output to two displays (I ran with two DVI displays). And note that I get the same performance with on DVI and one HDMI display. Note this card on this system will not drive all three displays concurrently.

After the update to 10.10.3 I found the same performance.

I should point out that on my setup, if I boot or hot plug so three displays are connected, only one DVI display is functional, the other two are black screen.

Also I quickly booted into Mavericks 10.9.5 and Lion 10.7.5 and found the same performance.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back