i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Quick background my original build, it was from 2009 when a hackintosh article on the internet popularized tonymacx86. GA-UD3R, i7 930, Diamond ATI 5770 1GB and 64GB boot SSD, 2TB /Users HDD etc, following the recipe posted here, long while back. Also donated some $ to the cause but haven't recently.

Fast Forward to 2015 the original build was so good, I didn't need anything new other than OS (it was upgraded from 10.8>10.9> and finally 10.10).

The second build was just because I was looking to game on a dual boot Win 8.1 PC. Build follows similar recipe. GA-Z97X-Gaming 7, i7 4790K HD4600 (AMD R9 390 and swap for EVGA GTX 980) and 250GB Evo 850 SSD boot 2TB /Users HDD.

Me being lazy cloned the 2009 build OS on to the new 250GB SSD and installed into the new. Boot into Yosemite USB HD4600 (HDMI) worked and installed OS over cloned OS then ran multibeast after install using no-DSDT, and adding killer network and ALC 1150 audio. Everything ran great but no support for MSI R9 390. I dual (default boot is Yosemite, when I need to boot Win 8.1 I just press F12) so R9 390 was running fine in Win 8.1 using DP while Mac used HD4600 and HDMI.

I wanted to unify display and init only on PCIe so, I exchanged R9 390 for GTX 980. Then regression started, with the new GTX 980, I followed the HD4600 to GTX 980 swap, install new 10.10.4 web drivers and nvda_drv=1... worked great but then I lost audio. Fine let me try multi-beast again, nope. Oh well, the audio was superb before the GTX 980.

Then one morning I woke up turned computer on and no bluetooth mouse. Deleted magic mouse and no bind. Deleted all BT devices including Apple Keyboard, d'oh. Now keyboard and mouse won't bind. Now using PS2 keyboard and USB mouse I used with when booting into Win 8.1. Sad but oh well. I haven't fresh installed OS since 2009 with original.

ok ignore that list bit about bluetooth. It is now magically working again... eeekeeek seems new machine is possessed.

F me audio is working again too. What the F!#$& Spend 1 hour trying to figure it out, now it just works. arg so no regression here its just me

Every so often I create a system that is un-predictable such as you have described. In my case it is usually that I have migrated apps over to an already tired old install.

The solution for me has always been a clean install to a fresh partition.

Good modding,
neil

second build regression, things stopped working ay [issue found]

I found it!!!!! OK so the bluetooth was just a 1 time fluke. But the Audio issue I can recreate.

When I boot into Windows 8.1 (holding down F12 and selecting the M.2 SSD, Yosemite is the default boot disk), it seems windows does something with the Audio hardware that is persistent on reboot. Eg from Windows 8.1, just reboot and boots up into Yosemite, I get no audio. The audio hardware was already initialized by the Windows drivers an does something.

To have audio work in Yosemite, I have to cold boot the system, either cold boot straight to Yosemite or shutdown from Win 8.1 and then boot back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back