Contribute
Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you :D :lol:

EDIT (TEMPORARY FIX): While there is no update to the post, there is an updated sound kext for 10.11.4 (copy to S/L/E and use HDApermissions.command, reboot):

View attachment 181979

You were faster than me .. this was known since the public beta (link in french). Here is my file but I am sure yours is fine.
(I'm using the "old" version that works with mic only once).

Attachments

• AppleHDA_ALC283_out.kext.zip
    39.8 KB · Views: 187
  • Capture_d_____cran_2016_03_09____22.05.54.png
    Capture_d_____cran_2016_03_09____22.05.54.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 205
You were faster than me .. this was known since the public beta (link in french). Here is my file but I am sure yours is fine.

Thank you Sebinouse! I just edited info.plist from the first post kext. Since it is your thread, it is better to use your files. I will remove mine :D . Thank you for your great support.

Ok, I updated to 10.11.4. Just to be sure, I have to get this new kext in the zip file and run the script of the first post again as in
  • Copy AppleHDA_ALC283.kext in "ElCapitan" /System/Library/Extensions/ folder and Run script "HDA permissions.command"
    (enter your password when asked)
Is this correct?

Ok, I updated to 10.11.4. Just to be sure, I have to get this new kext in the zip file and run the script of the first post again as in
Is this correct?

Yes it is, install the new kext and run the script from the first post. :thumbup:

Yes it is, install the new kext and run the script from the first post. :thumbup:

Thanks, sound is working again, including HDMI audio.

Is the best way to do the installation simply to copy the new kext into /System/Library/Extensions (followed by running the script)? And is it best to delete the 'old' kext or leave it there?

Thanks for your help with this.

- Henry

Is the best way to do the installation simply to copy the new kext into /System/Library/Extensions (followed by running the script)? And is it best to delete the 'old' kext or leave it there?

Thanks for your help with this.

- Henry

Hi Henry,

I am pretty sure that you should delete the old kext (don't delete the original AppleHDA). After that just copy the new kext and run the script.

I am pretty sure that you should delete the old kext (don't delete the original AppleHDA). After that just copy the new kext and run the script.

Many thanks for this advice. I can confirm that you should delete the old kext. It took me all of about two minutes to make these tweaks after the update had installed. Hackintoshing is far easier than it used to be!

Thanks for the 10.11.4 sound update Sebinouse and good job on the overall guide. Both HDMI Audio and 283 work now. So far 10.11.4 is working great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back