Contribute
Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
#pure.wisdom Can you please share your DSDT & DSDT+SSDT solutions?

I will not give method only DSDT because you need some tips about config.plist. So I will share method 2, this is my unofficial. I want you research it, you can use it right now without causing any problems or you manually edit the warning, add glan (cosmetic) and wifi if you don't want to use FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext.
good luck.
View attachment unoffical.zip

At the very first i want to thank you Sebinouse for this great guide and for your effort!
My problem at the moment is that my wifi is not working. I have the exact same hardware (also the Azurewave AW-CE123).

I read almost every post in this thread and tried some approaches mentioned by other users but non of them helped.

As i am from Germany i used 44 45 for DE (66c70644 45eb2b) when it comes to 5GHz patch. It's a little bit strange because BT is recognized but cant find any device...
It seems like my wifi is not recognized correctly.

I tried to follow your guide very carefully but it seems that i'm doing something wrong...

My Clover folder is attached.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 101
hi!

i'm very interested on this configuration. i just wonder if i can buy instead of the ram listed on the first post, any ram that fits the specifications. Like this:

1178jr4.png

I understand that those are all the elements that i need, and then a lit bit of patience to do the setup ;)

regards

hi!

i'm very interested on this configuration. i just wonder if i can buy instead of the ram listed on the first post, any ram that fits the specifications. Like this:

View attachment 180000

I understand that those are all the elements that i need, and then a lit bit of patience to do the setup ;)

regards

Make sure your RAM is DDR3L, it doesn't look so on the screenshot.
Entry level RAM can be a problem, always prefer mid range or high end products.

DDR3 works with 1,5v and DDR3L with 1,35v !!!

For information, I bought my NUC about 250€, but it was one year ago.

Hey! Thank you very much pure.wisdom :thumbup:. I'll give a try and, at the same time, learn about DSDT/SSDT editing/patching. I'll inform if I get any progress stabilizing my system

I will not give method only DSDT because you need some tips about config.plist. So I will share method 2, this is my unofficial. I want you research it, you can use it right now without causing any problems or you manually edit the warning, add glan (cosmetic) and wifi if you don't want to use FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext.
good luck.
View attachment 179618

#pure.wisdom I've been trying to figure out what's going on in your DSDT and a couple of doubts came up...

1.- What does your DTG Method at the end of the file refers to? (I see that all your DSM Methods include a call to this one) I guess I have to find the UUID of that device... Where/How can I find it?
Code:
[INDENT]Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg0, ToUUID ("a0b5b7c6-1318-441c-b0c9-fe695eaf949b")))
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Store (Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x03                                           
                        }, Arg4)
                    Return (One)
                }

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
                {
                    Return (One)
                }
            }
        }

Store (Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x00                                           
            }, Arg4)
        Return (Zero)
    }
[/INDENT]
2.- Also, I've found some other differences after dissasembling my DSDT with RehabMan's iasl in Terminal [iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml]. The most remarkable is the DSM Methods I get refering to a specific UUID in my computer. For example, in Device (TPD0) I get this DSM Method:
Code:
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                {
                    If (LEqual (Arg0, ToUUID ("3cdff6f7-4267-4555-ad05-b30a3d8938de") /* HID I2C Device */))
                    {
                        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                        {
                            If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
                            {
                                Return (Buffer (One)
                                {
                                     0x03                                           
                                })
                            }
                            Else
                            {
                                Return (Buffer (One)
                                {
                                     0x00                                           
                                })
                            }
                        }

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
                        {
                            Return (One)
                        }
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x00                                           
                        })
                    }
                }
Should I keep them in my DSDT? (I see you don't have any of these in yours)

#pure.wisdom I've been trying to figure out what's going on in your DSDT and a couple of doubts came up...

1.- What does your DTG Method at the end of the file refers to? (I see that all your DSM Methods include a call to this one) I guess I have to find the UUID of that device... Where/How can I find it?
Code:
[INDENT]Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg0, ToUUID ("a0b5b7c6-1318-441c-b0c9-fe695eaf949b")))
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Store (Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x03                                           
                        }, Arg4)
                    Return (One)
                }

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
                {
                    Return (One)
                }
            }
        }

Store (Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x00                                           
            }, Arg4)
        Return (Zero)
    }
[/INDENT]
2.- Also, I've found some other differences after dissasembling my DSDT with RehabMan's iasl in Terminal [iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml]. The most remarkable is the DSM Methods I get refering to a specific UUID in my computer. For example, in Device (TPD0) I get this DSM Method:
Code:
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                {
                    If (LEqual (Arg0, ToUUID ("3cdff6f7-4267-4555-ad05-b30a3d8938de") /* HID I2C Device */))
                    {
                        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                        {
                            If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
                            {
                                Return (Buffer (One)
                                {
                                     0x03                                           
                                })
                            }
                            Else
                            {
                                Return (Buffer (One)
                                {
                                     0x00                                           
                                })
                            }
                        }

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
                        {
                            Return (One)
                        }
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x00                                           
                        })
                    }
                }
Should I keep them in my DSDT? (I see you don't have any of these in yours)

DTGP is default. No problem about ToUUID. My DSDT don't see HID I2C Device. If you patch new DSDT, patch remove_DSM first

Hi!

Hope that someone can help me!

I bought a new ssd for my NUC, followed the guide to make the USB. On first boot, USB booted normally and it installed OSX to the SSD but when it restarts to start the second stage install, it can't boot up from the USB. On the first time, in boot menu it shows USB brand and model now it only says: UEFI: Mac OSX (when i select it, screen just flashes). Tried several USBs and even the ones that don't have OSX on it says UEFI: Mac OS X (Windows installer USB says Mac OS X USB :p). It seems that OSX Installer, on the first install stage, wrote something in UEFI arguments (or NVRAM) to automatically boot to OSX Installer (like it does with real Macs). Now i can't boot to any USB and can't finish OSX installation. I have already put BIOS to default settings, updated. BIOS.. Don't know what's happening.

Thank you

FullSizeRender.jpg

Hi!

Hope that someone can help me!

I bought a new ssd for my NUC, followed the guide to make the USB. On first boot, USB booted normally and it installed OSX to the SSD but when it restarts to start the second stage install, it can't boot up from the USB. On the first time, in boot menu it shows USB brand and model now it only says: UEFI: Mac OSX (when i select it, screen just flashes). Tried several USBs and even the ones that don't have OSX on it says UEFI: Mac OS X (Windows installer USB says Mac OS X USB :p). It seems that OSX Installer, on the first install stage, wrote something in UEFI arguments (or NVRAM) to automatically boot to OSX Installer (like it does with real Macs). Now i can't boot to any USB and can't finish OSX installation. I have already put BIOS to default settings, updated. BIOS.. Don't know what's happening.

Thank you

View attachment 180068

try to Set the "IGD Minimum Memory" to 128 Mo or should create an Installer on this USB Drive one again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back