Contribute
Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sebinouse, may I know if bluetooth function worked well on your NUC? You mentioned AW-CE123H, does this card support both wifi and bluetooth function on this NUC? Thank you!:)

Thank you very much, Sebinouse. It works.:)
You're Welcome ! ;)

Thanks for your work and your advices.
But I'm sad to say that I'm back to my my Mac Mini (1,1) 2,1 (has to be said, thanks again too for this trick ;) ) with CrystalHD.
Too much weird side effects, like crappy sound with headphone jack and HK SoundSticks II, old Samsung with sadly known capgate that didn't output correctly sound from HDMI, no easy to find mini-pcie card with WiFi/BT support, strange suspend/wake behavior, no CIR support... The Intel 7260 was only used for bluetooth but still non-stable behavior.
My plan was to recycle my MacMini in to a pfsense box and the NUC to a Mac media center : MacMini stayed the media center and the NUC became the FW appliance.

I'll keep an eye on your topic but for the months to come, I'll stay with my current configuration.

EDIT: I'm my research for a viable solution for the remote part of my project, I've found this https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/154/intel-nuc-hdmi-cec-adapter. And they do purpose a driver for Mac OS X. Maybe a alternative solution?
Nice CEC adapter, I wasn't aware that such a device existed !

For my part I plan to use a genuine Apple IR receiver (from a 2008 MBP as far as I remember) which is a simple USB device that I plug to the internal USB 2.0 header inside the NUC (less that 10$) ...works OOB !!!

For the sound I don't use the jack ... I only uses HDMI which is working on my old Samsung LCD and on my A/V amp.

It's funny to see that I own the same MacMini and I plan to do the opposite : 10.6.8 becomes more and more outdated, so I plan to use the NUC as main computer (it is an Audiophile Audio device for the time being).

For wifi/BT : many devices are supported (see here, unfortunately Intel wifi chipset are not ...

I only encoutered two problems.

1. when it says "copy everything from the package to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER" it might be good to clarify which package :)

2. I had kernel panic as soon as it booted the kernel after patching and it was because I had the memory inserted in the top-slot. moving it to the bottom and it booted
I don't know if the sound works since I plugged in my Apogee One soundcard BUT I was suprised that my Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 WIFI and BT-card actually works partially.. no WIFI but the Bluetooth works great.. I have my Apple BT-keyboard paired and it works 100% perfect.

One question.. as a noob of Hackintosh and Clover.. does it really have to patch the kexs at every boot? that takes like 2-2.5 minutes. After the kernel has booted the OS is up and running in just a few seconds.

1. OK I will try to be find a more precise sentence !
2. I was unaware of that : which one is DIMM 0 and DIMM 1 ?
About Intel Wifi-AC 7260, that's great Rehabman is really doing a great job :)
About your question, you can patch the kexts if you wish but you will have to do so at every update. It's your choice. Kext patching is pretty fast (if debug is set to false), DSDT patching isn't. If you want a faster boot you can edit your DSDT or remove the ShutDownFix patch and use Rehabman USB kexts in /EFI/.../10.11/.

SebinouseThank you so much, I'm done. Can you check the stability of my machine ? . All operating functions are stable , I need to make sure than through teamviewer.
My NUC is pretty stable so I assume that if you use my files you will get the same stability ! Don't worry !

Sebinouse You have patch DSDT ?

Thanks for pointing out this : I completely forgot to mention this but there are 2 DSDT patches on the fly performed by Clover.
>post1 is up to date now

I added those two patches to allow shut down with something plugged on one USB port, without the NUC reboots after a few seconds.
Another solution is to remove those two patches from config.plist and add FakePCIID & FakePCIID_XHCIMux in EFI/.../10.11/.

Thanks for pointing out this : I completely forgot to mention this but there are 2 DSDT patches on the fly performed by Clover.
>post1 is up to date now

I added those two patches to allow shut down with something plugged on one USB port, without the NUC reboots after a few seconds.
Another solution is to remove those two patches from config.plist and add FakePCIID & FakePCIID_XHCIMux in EFI/.../10.11/.
^^ thanks. how to fix audio, just listen melody, the lyrics sound small ? This is a big my problem. :((. I dont see DSDT file

Don't mind DSDT, Clover does it for you.

About audio can you share your AppleHDA.kext so I can give a look.

Hi Sebinouse, may I know if bluetooth function worked well on your NUC? You mentioned AW-CE123H, does this card support both wifi and bluetooth function on this NUC? Thank you!:)

Yep BT is working great !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back