Contribute
Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed your documentation carefully, but if I try to boot the installer from my usb drive I see an Apple logo for several seconds and then the nuc just reboots. When I use the -v flag only one line of text appears, but it is to fast to read, and the system reboots. I recreated the installer several times and used different sticks. Does anybody else has or had this problem?

I followed your documentation carefully, but if I try to boot the installer from my usb drive I see an Apple logo for several seconds and then the nuc just reboots. When I use the -v flag only one line of text appears, but it is to fast to read, and the system reboots. I recreated the installer several times and used different sticks. Does anybody else has or had this problem?

Make sure config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm=true

Can you give us more details about your hardware, your BIOS version, your Clover version, etc. ?

Hey Sebinouse, thanks for the guide.
I manage to install El Capitan 10.11.1 in a NUC D34010WYK. Here are the specs:

• Core i3
  • HD4400 graphics
  • 4GB RAM
  • 120GB Crucial
  • Dell WFP2007 monitor connected in display port with VGA adapter
  • Bios version 0041 (same bios for NUC Kits D54250WYK, D34010WYK and Boards D54250WYB, D34010WYB.)
  • Clover 2.3k r3320

I’m having trouble with the graphics, lots of glitches in system login, windows animations and even when I hover the mouse over certain elements like safari tabs. I tried to switch inputs on the monitor to a DVI cable instead of VGA but the problem persists.

I noticed that in “About this Mac” the Intel HD Graphics 4400 is listed but with only 6MB memory.

Also, the system detected my monitor as a 27 inch display instead of 20 inch, but the 1680x1050 resolution is correct.

Any clues on how can I fix this?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
The files should be adapted to match your NUC i3 :
  • Modify your config.plist as follow :
    • CPU/FrequencyMHz=1700
    • Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003
  • Generate your own SSDT.aml for your i3 with ssdtPRGen
  • Change buffer in SSDT-3.aml : { 0x03, 0x00, 0x22, 0x0d }

Thanks for your guide
Confirm that it is working for my 4250u NUC
I install mausi ethernet kext and I now don't have the sleep problem

The only weird thing is that I think the booting is a little slower that wonkeydonkey/unibeast/yosemite guide (2-3 seconds)

Ok, I'll make the modifications.

1. Config.plist is easy to change.
  2. I found an app called MaciASL that can edit the SSDT-3.aml
  3. I never generated a SSDT file before so I'm not sure how to use the ssdtPRGen. I followed the link and there's an app and a bunch of files in the directory. Do i have to enter some terminal command to use it? Sorry for the newbie question:)

1. Config.plist is easy to change.
  2. I found an app called MaciASL that can edit the SSDT-3.aml
  3. I never generated a SSDT file before so I'm not sure how to use the ssdtPRGen. I followed the link and there's an app and a bunch of files in the directory. Do i have to enter some terminal command to use it? Sorry for the newbie question:)

MaciASL is the app to use to modify your SSDT/DSDT.

For ssdtPRGen.sh (use this link instead of the previous one) just follow the readme or open terminal enter "sh " (with a space at the end), drag&drop ssdtPRGen.sh file in the terminal window and press enter.

Thanks for your guide
Confirm that it is working for my 4250u NUC
I install mausi ethernet kext and I now don't have the sleep problem

The only weird thing is that I think the booting is a little slower that wonkeydonkey/unibeast/yosemite guide (2-3 seconds)

Thanks for the feedback ;)

About boot, I had to add one DSDT fix with Clover to allow shutdown ... this operation takes several seconds ... it might be the cause (if you want faster boot, you can remove timeout, select fast boot and patch you DSDT).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back