Contribute
Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just completed a build and install, but no audio. Here is what I got after running the script. :crazy:
Last login: Mon Mar 28 21:19:45 on console
/Users/drew/Desktop/Postinstall/Sound\ ALC283/HDA\ permissions.command ; exit;
Drews-Mac-mini:~ drew$ /Users/drew/Desktop/Postinstall/Sound\ ALC283/HDA\ permissions.command ; exit;
Fix permissions ...
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
Kernel cache...
rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC283.kext
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: IOPCIDevice::metaClass
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: IOACPIPlatformDevice::metaClass
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDA; omitting from prelinked kernel.
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Just completed a build and install, but no audio. Here is what I got after running the script. :crazy:
Last login: Mon Mar 28 21:19:45 on console
/Users/drew/Desktop/Postinstall/Sound\ ALC283/HDA\ permissions.command ; exit;
Drews-Mac-mini:~ drew$ /Users/drew/Desktop/Postinstall/Sound\ ALC283/HDA\ permissions.command ; exit;
Fix permissions ...
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
Kernel cache...
rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC283.kext
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: IOPCIDevice::metaClass
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: IOACPIPlatformDevice::metaClass
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDA; omitting from prelinked kernel.
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Hi!

Make sure you are using the latest kext:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...swell-i5-4250u-el-capitan-53.html#post1223585

Remove the old kext and copy the new one to S/L/E. After that, run the script again.

Hi all,

Thanks for this guide. I've installed El capitan successfully using only an ethernet adapter.

Is it possible to use airplay over ethernet ? ATM all i could see is AirPlay: Off and have no ideas on how to enable it.

Many thanks :)

Is it possible to use airplay over ethernet ? ATM all i could see is AirPlay: Off and have no ideas on how to enable it.

Yes it works on ethernet (see capture below). To choose the audio output you can press "Alt" and clic on the sound icon on the upper right corner. You can also see Airplay devices in SystemPreferences/Sound/output.

Edit: make sure you don't block network connections with your firewall if you have one ....

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-04-06 à 10.59.52.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-04-06 à 10.59.52.png
    69 KB · Views: 296
Yes it works on ethernet (see capture below). To choose the audio output you can press "Alt" and clic on the sound icon on the upper right corner. You can also see Airplay devices in SystemPreferences/Sound/output.

Edit: make sure you don't block network connections with your firewall if you have one ....

Merci :)

I think I've misunderstood the feature, I was planning to use it to see my iphone photos/videos on TV but it's not possible to do it without additional software or with apple tv ;)

Hello

Having lots of problems, tried to follow the guide but failed right at the beginning:

i have an an intel NUC with the i5 4250u processor, the bios is the latest (41) which I reset to defaults and just made the changes as shown on the first page.

Using latest OS installer from the App Store (10.11.4) and latest Unibeast and Clover software.

I created my usb using the unibeast option as per the detailed guide and then installed clover, moving the files from the folder Sebinouse_20151101.zip into the right place in clover as per the guides.

Started the NUC, holding down F10 to select boot drive. Chose the OS Bootloader, clover boots, I then select the only Mac drive and I get the Apple logo and progress bar.

At this point the bar moves slowly, gets about 90% through, the screen then goes a bit odd, lots of lines through the apple logo all across the screen. There is still a spinning wheel icon. I leave the NUC alone to see what happens, but nothing changes. I left it alone for over an hour and a half at this stage, still nothing?

What have I done wrong?

help please, really would like to get this working

Hello

Having lots of problems, tried to follow the guide but failed right at the beginning:

i have an an intel NUC with the i5 4250u processor, the bios is the latest (41) which I reset to defaults and just made the changes as shown on the first page.

Using latest OS installer from the App Store (10.11.4) and latest Unibeast and Clover software.

I created my usb using the unibeast option as per the detailed guide and then installed clover, moving the files from the folder Sebinouse_20151101.zip into the right place in clover as per the guides.

Started the NUC, holding down F10 to select boot drive. Chose the OS Bootloader, clover boots, I then select the only Mac drive and I get the Apple logo and progress bar.

At this point the bar moves slowly, gets about 90% through, the screen then goes a bit odd, lots of lines through the apple logo all across the screen. There is still a spinning wheel icon. I leave the NUC alone to see what happens, but nothing changes. I left it alone for over an hour and a half at this stage, still nothing?

What have I done wrong?

help please, really would like to get this working

You can try to boot verbose (press "space" instead of "enter" when you select the installer in Clover) and try to find out more.

Can you tell me what exact hardware you have?

Hello

Thank you so much for replying.

I'll try the verbose and let you know what it says. In the mean time here is a list of the hardware in my NUC:

Intel BOXD54250WYK3 NUC (i5 4250u)
8GB Kit (4GB x 2) Ballistic DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Ram
Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb mSATA SSD
Intel 7260.HMWWB Dual Band Wireless PCI Express with Bluetooth 4.0

its currently running Windows 10, but really want Mac OS instead

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back