Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
CK2wwrrrGCVH

Customize with:
ww: week of production (example: "LE")
rrr: random caracter (example: "001")
you can us CloverConfigurator to generate those numbers ...
(Source)

Excuse my confusion, by I'm not entirely sure how we're supposed to generate with CloverConfigurator when the MacMini7,1 that you use for our build is not an option. Are we supposed to manually input all the characters?

Thanks for the guide. :)

Most things appear to work for me, but I get the following message when I boot:

"You shut down your computer because of a problem...."

But I'm shutting down normally using the apple menu. Any ideas? :crazy:

BTW, if this is the worst of my problems then I consider myself lucky.

Thanks for the guide. :)

Most things appear to work for me, but I get the following message when I boot:

But I'm shutting down normally using the apple menu. Any ideas? :crazy:

BTW, if this is the worst of my problems then I consider myself lucky.

I also get this occasionally, though it doesn't interfere with the use

About the sound, just thinking it's a bit low, would you recommend flashing voodoo audio instead?

Excuse my confusion, by I'm not entirely sure how we're supposed to generate with CloverConfigurator when the MacMini7,1 that you use for our build is not an option. Are we supposed to manually input all the characters?
Use Clover Confugurator to generate a valid serial and copy the middle caracters (wwrrrr) inside this : CK2wwrrrGCVH
I used to have this on Yosemite ... but not on EC. You can try to boot in safe mode and then normal boot.
About the sound, just thinking it's a bit low, would you recommend flashing voodoo audio instead?
VoodooHDA always gave my poor quality with ALC283, you can try if you wish and report here :)

Hi! First of all thank you so much Sebinouse for keeping our Intel NUC updated.

I am having a big problem with audio on my intel nuc running 10.11.2. From time to time audio stops working, in 1 hour it stopped about 20 times. When it stops about a minute or two it comes back but sometimes i need to restart the system to get working audio again but after a few minutes it starts stopping again. Can you help me?

OK -- after a couple tries, this worked for me on a D54250WYK w/a 128GB mSATA and 8GB of Kingston RAM. My only problem is that the ethernet doesn't come back after sleep -- the link lights on the port and the ethernet switch are on, but OS X thinks the media is disconnected.

Any suggestions? I know the NUC doesn't draw much power but I still don't want to disable sleep if I can avoid it.

Might this be related to the LAN power savings settings in BIOS?

I'm running into one more problem -- I can only have one display connected at boot time, or I get display corruption. OS X starts up in mirror mode even though I have set the displays to extend the desktop, and the secondary display is always corrupted no matter which port it's connected to, or which port is primary in the BIOS.

However, if I boot connected to one display, and then plug the second display in after logging in, both displays work normally and my previous settings are remembered.

Haven't thoroughly tested what happens to the display w/sleep yet b/c of the ethernet issue on wakeup requiring an immediate restart, but the problem seems to occur only on boot.

Is this a known issue and is there a fix?

Hi! First of all thank you so much Sebinouse for keeping our Intel NUC updated.

I am having a big problem with audio on my intel nuc running 10.11.2. From time to time audio stops working, in 1 hour it stopped about 20 times. When it stops about a minute or two it comes back but sometimes i need to restart the system to get working audio again but after a few minutes it starts stopping again. Can you help me?

Which audio output are you using, which app(s) are you playing the audio from, and is there anything useful logged in the console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back