Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Latest Clover is fine

**SNIP**

Devices>Video>IGD Primary port>auto (probably not important)
From experience previously I would recommend only using auto as a last resort.

Better to specify your primary monitor connection, and secondary (Or set to none).

Reason : gremlins can otherwise creep into HDMI audio.

Good effort on the guide btw!

:thumbup:

Motherboard
MacPNT
CPU
CoreDuo 1,66 GHz
Graphics
Intel GMA 950
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Noticed that my bios was way out of date so I did an update and rechecked the settings. Afterwards the OS X booted properly!
Great !

From experience previously I would recommend only using auto as a last resort.
Thanks for the advice, HDMI audio with 0a26 framebuffer took me loooong time. I don't understand why but the Clover patch for this is different from Yosemite and I had to experiment many FB patches before finding the good one.
As far as I remember you don't use Clover, I'll check your guide to see how you get HDMI audio.
Edit: OK you use Toleda's perl patch for HD4600+ ...

Motherboard
Intel NUC6i7KYK
CPU
i7-6770HQ
Graphics
Iris Pro 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sebinouse, thanks for the great work! I’ll be trying your new guide soon.

Has anyone successfully enabled 4K resolutions on the Haswell NUC with El Capitan?

To recap, I was able to drive my ASUS PB287Q over DisplayPort 1.1 at 3840 x 2160 @30 Hz from my Haswell NUC under Mavericks, but never managed to enable anything higher than 2560 x 1600 @60 Hz in Yosemite, even though I went from a MacBookAir6,2 SMBIOS (which worked with Mavericks, although it doesn’t support 4K according to Apple) to a MacMini7,1 SMBIOS (which does support 4K @30 Hz according to Apple).

Motherboard
MacPNT
CPU
CoreDuo 1,66 GHz
Graphics
Intel GMA 950
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
if i install el capitan fresh.. it gets all the way through the verbose mode , right before the install screen comes and the wheel just keeps spinning in the upper left hand corner..
I found out that I removed to many lines in the config.plist I provided.
You can try with the new package from post#1
(I also removed the fake serial)

Motherboard
MacPNT
CPU
CoreDuo 1,66 GHz
Graphics
Intel GMA 950
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
To recap, I was able to drive my ASUS PB287Q over DisplayPort 1.1 at 3840 x 2160 @30 Hz from my Haswell NUC under Mavericks, but never managed to enable anything higher than 2560 x 1600 @60 Hz in Yosemite, even though I went from a MacBookAir6,2 SMBIOS (which worked with Mavericks, although it doesn’t support 4K according to Apple) to a MacMini7,1 SMBIOS (which does support 4K @30 Hz according to Apple).
I remember this discussion and I would be pleased if you manage to get 4K.

I chose a 0a26 framebuffer with a 96mb "BIOS-allocated memory" (instead of 32) and a 34mb "frame buffer memory"&"cursor bytes" (instead of 19mb) ... especially for that !

Attachments

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
i can confirm that with your new files you posted i can get to the install screen now !

everything installed great.. and the audio patch works as well now too.

what is the best way to get a proper serial number for the nuc?

and the scroll wheel on my dell mouse doesn't work.. any idea, how to fix that ( small problem, but annoying..)

thank you very much!!

Motherboard
Intel NUC D54250WYK
CPU
i5-4250U
Graphics
HD 5000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks for your thorough feedbacks, we found the small error that caused the lag !
Been having troubles getting my drives to boot, going to try the updated files and see if that fixes the snag!

Motherboard
Intel NUC D54250WYK
CPU
i5-4250U
Graphics
HD 5000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
i can confirm that with your new files you posted i can get to the install screen now !

everything installed great.. and the audio patch works as well now too.

what is the best way to get a proper serial number for the nuc?

and the scroll wheel on my dell mouse doesn't work.. any idea, how to fix that ( small problem, but annoying..)

thank you very much!!
The only method I know to get a serial for the machine is via Clover Configurator, however it doesn't have the option for a MacMini7,1. Maybe Sebinouse can give us a heads-up on the best method?

Motherboard
MacPNT
CPU
CoreDuo 1,66 GHz
Graphics
Intel GMA 950
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
CK2wwrrrGCVH

Customize with:
ww: week of production (example: "LE")
rrr: random caracter (example: "001")
you can use CloverConfigurator to generate those numbers ...
(but keep the prefix and the suffix from above !)
(Source)