Contribute
Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Clover is fine

**SNIP**

Devices>Video>IGD Primary port>auto (probably not important)

From experience previously I would recommend only using auto as a last resort.

Better to specify your primary monitor connection, and secondary (Or set to none).

Reason : gremlins can otherwise creep into HDMI audio.

Good effort on the guide btw!

:thumbup:

Noticed that my bios was way out of date so I did an update and rechecked the settings. Afterwards the OS X booted properly!
Great !

From experience previously I would recommend only using auto as a last resort.
Thanks for the advice, HDMI audio with 0a26 framebuffer took me loooong time. I don't understand why but the Clover patch for this is different from Yosemite and I had to experiment many FB patches before finding the good one.
As far as I remember you don't use Clover, I'll check your guide to see how you get HDMI audio.
Edit: OK you use Toleda's perl patch for HD4600+ ...

Sebinouse, thanks for the great work! I’ll be trying your new guide soon.

Has anyone successfully enabled 4K resolutions on the Haswell NUC with El Capitan?

To recap, I was able to drive my ASUS PB287Q over DisplayPort 1.1 at 3840 x 2160 @30 Hz from my Haswell NUC under Mavericks, but never managed to enable anything higher than 2560 x 1600 @60 Hz in Yosemite, even though I went from a MacBookAir6,2 SMBIOS (which worked with Mavericks, although it doesn’t support 4K according to Apple) to a MacMini7,1 SMBIOS (which does support 4K @30 Hz according to Apple).

if i install el capitan fresh.. it gets all the way through the verbose mode , right before the install screen comes and the wheel just keeps spinning in the upper left hand corner..

I found out that I removed to many lines in the config.plist I provided.
You can try with the new package from post#1
(I also removed the fake serial)

To recap, I was able to drive my ASUS PB287Q over DisplayPort 1.1 at 3840 x 2160 @30 Hz from my Haswell NUC under Mavericks, but never managed to enable anything higher than 2560 x 1600 @60 Hz in Yosemite, even though I went from a MacBookAir6,2 SMBIOS (which worked with Mavericks, although it doesn’t support 4K according to Apple) to a MacMini7,1 SMBIOS (which does support 4K @30 Hz according to Apple).

I remember this discussion and I would be pleased if you manage to get 4K.

I chose a 0a26 framebuffer with a 96mb "BIOS-allocated memory" (instead of 32) and a 34mb "frame buffer memory"&"cursor bytes" (instead of 19mb) ... especially for that !

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2015-11-01 à 14.26.31.png
    Capture d’écran 2015-11-01 à 14.26.31.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 264
i can confirm that with your new files you posted i can get to the install screen now !

everything installed great.. and the audio patch works as well now too.

what is the best way to get a proper serial number for the nuc?

and the scroll wheel on my dell mouse doesn't work.. any idea, how to fix that ( small problem, but annoying..)

thank you very much!!

i can confirm that with your new files you posted i can get to the install screen now !

Thanks for your thorough feedbacks, we found the small error that caused the lag !

Thanks for your thorough feedbacks, we found the small error that caused the lag !

Been having troubles getting my drives to boot, going to try the updated files and see if that fixes the snag!

what is the best way to get a proper serial number for the nuc?

and the scroll wheel on my dell mouse doesn't work.. any idea, how to fix that ( small problem, but annoying..)

thank you very much!!

The only method I know to get a serial for the machine is via Clover Configurator, however it doesn't have the option for a MacMini7,1. Maybe Sebinouse can give us a heads-up on the best method?

CK2wwrrrGCVH

Customize with:
ww: week of production (example: "LE")
rrr: random caracter (example: "001")
you can use CloverConfigurator to generate those numbers ...
(but keep the prefix and the suffix from above !)
(Source)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back