Contribute
Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Capitan 10.11.2 is out. Anyone updated?

First fail, installer would not run because my Ram stick was in the upper slot > putted it in the lower >> SUCCESS
All USB 3.0/2.0 should work at the right speed ...
Second fail, SATA SSD get stuck after hibernate > RMA on the SATA data & power connector >> SUCCESS
Strange failure indeed ... glad you found a solution !
Third fail, ethernet lost IP address after hibernate > MausiEthernet kext >> SUCCESS
I really need to include this in the first post package !
Fourth fail > got an MiniPCIe Intel 7260 card for BT > fails on first boot > works on reboot > fails on hibernate >> FAIL
I don't think Intel Wifi chipsets are supported in MacOSX ... and will ever be !
(very old issue: since 2007 and Intel3945 ...)
You should consider to buy a new one ...
I can't enable sound. I use config new this guid. Can you help me plz? Tks so much
Can you give me the result of the script in the Terminal window?
I updated. No problem.
I do confirm !

Thank you very much, Sebinouse. It works.:)

Thanks for your work and your advices.
But I'm sad to say that I'm back to my my Mac Mini (1,1) 2,1 (has to be said, thanks again too for this trick ;) ) with CrystalHD.
Too much weird side effects, like crappy sound with headphone jack and HK SoundSticks II, old Samsung with sadly known capgate that didn't output correctly sound from HDMI, no easy to find mini-pcie card with WiFi/BT support, strange suspend/wake behavior, no CIR support... The Intel 7260 was only used for bluetooth but still non-stable behavior.
My plan was to recycle my MacMini in to a pfsense box and the NUC to a Mac media center : MacMini stayed the media center and the NUC became the FW appliance.

I'll keep an eye on your topic but for the months to come, I'll stay with my current configuration.

EDIT: I'm my research for a viable solution for the remote part of my project, I've found this https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/154/intel-nuc-hdmi-cec-adapter. And they do purpose a driver for Mac OS X. Maybe a alternative solution?

Thanks for this guide. I followed it and got my first Hackintosh working on my Intel NUC 4250U.

I only encoutered two problems.

1. when it says "copy everything from the package to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER" it might be good to clarify which package :)

2. I had kernel panic as soon as it booted the kernel after patching and it was because I had the memory inserted in the top-slot. moving it to the bottom and it booted

I can almost not tell the difference between the Intel NUC and my 2015 MBPR13.. everything works sweet and fluid.. during heavy load some stuttering compared to the MBPR13 but thats not suprising because of the hardware differences.

I don't know if the sound works since I plugged in my Apogee One soundcard BUT I was suprised that my Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 WIFI and BT-card actually works partially.. no WIFI but the Bluetooth works great.. I have my Apple BT-keyboard paired and it works 100% perfect.

One question.. as a noob of Hackintosh and Clover.. does it really have to patch the kexs at every boot? that takes like 2-2.5 minutes. After the kernel has booted the OS is up and running in just a few seconds.

i cannot get the audio to work on this any help i got the graphics to work thanks to the last couple of posts its only the audio that i have trouble with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back