Contribute
Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Motherboard
motherboard or system make & model # > See Rules!
CPU
Intel> Need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
Graphics > model # > See Rules!
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
According Intel's Documentation, our NUC supports :
Multiple DisplayPort and HDMI configurations feature the following:
  • Two independent
  • Single HDMI 1.4a with 1080P support
  • Single DisplayPort 1.2 with 4K support
Single Display HDMISingle Display DisplayPortDual Display DisplayPort and HDMI
1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz3840 x 2160 @ 30 Hz3840 x 2160 @ 30 Hz (DisplayPort)
1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz (HDMI)

Note: Higher resolutions may be achievable but have not been tested on Intel NUC.

Attachments

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I also have a 4400-based NUC and having the same problems these two users are having after compiling my own SSDT:

• I do not see a frame buffer in DCPIManager, despite editing my EFI\CLOVER\config.plist (attached)
  • I have moved all .AML files to EFI\Clover\ACPI\patched\
  • My SSDT-3.aml doesn't even remotely match what bosom posted (all attached). I have no way of editing the buffer values { 0x03, 0x00, 0x22, 0x0d }
  • I think have properly setup my BIOS settings (32mb, HDMI default) but I show 5mb in About This Mac

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
None of these file are from the package of the first post ... I don't know where you get them (SSDTs seem to be genuine from Intel ... for example).

I don't own such a Nuc, I don't even have access to one so I won't investigate further: my advice is to use the file I provide in the first post, edit them to match your hardware (according previous posts), remove the SSDT that injects framebuffer and use the 2 FakePCIID kexts of Rehabman.

Motherboard
Intel NUC D34010WYK
CPU
i3
Graphics
Intel HD4400
Mac
MacBook Pro
None of these file are from the package of the first post ... I don't know where you get them (SSDTs seem to be genuine from Intel ... for example).

I don't own such a Nuc, I don't even have access to one so I won't investigate further: my advice is to use the file I provide in the first post, edit them to match your hardware (according previous posts), remove the SSDT that injects framebuffer and use the 2 FakePCIID kexts of Rehabman.
Success (so far)!! This worked for me > http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...tel-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

I used the desktop id for HD4400, placed the kexts FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics and FakePCIID in EFI/CLOVER/kexts.

Thanks Sebinouse and RehabMan for the help. Hope the others with the same setup as mine can make it work too.
If something goes wrong I post it here. So far so good.

Now I have to make the audio work, including headphones.

- EDIT -
Ok, sound is working. I reapplied the sound .sh file of post #1. I probably did something wrong the first time.

After graphics fix, ethernet stopped working when Nuc sleep / wake. I switched the AppleIntelE1000e kext with the IntelMausiEthernet (post #59). Problem fixed.

Also, I kept SSDT-3.aml in the EFI partition. If I remove it, graphics glitches appear again.

Sebinouse, thanks again.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Success (so far)!! This worked for me > http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...tel-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

I used the desktop id for HD4400, placed the kexts FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics and FakePCIID in EFI/CLOVER/kexts.

Thanks Sebinouse and RehabMan for the help.
Worked for me too. I think I had too many ad-hoc solutions. I wiped the disk, reinstalled OS X, followed the directions from this guide and the one you linked here. Graphics are perfect. The NUC is inside a 20" iMac G4.

<generated-b3869997333fc9355076304fa6377fad@messagingengine.com>.jpg

Motherboard
Asus X99-A / Asus UX305CA
CPU
Intel Core i7-6850K / Intel Core M7-6y75
Graphics
Nvidia GTX970 / Intel HD 515
Post#2 issue was due to wrong installer.

I would advice to restart from scratch :
1. remove the App from /Applications/ folder
2. download it again from the AppStore
3. format the usb drive : GUID, HFS(+), "USB"
4. use createinstallmedia command (can be veeerry long)
5. install clover on "USB"
6; copy files from latest package (2011 11 01 for the time being)
Still the same problem but I was able to read the error message when starting the installe:

Code:
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xfffffff0000326346): "zone-init: kernel_suballoc failed"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.18.11/osfak/kern/zalloc.c:2199

Screenshot_2015-11-29-14-42-22.jpg

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Still the same problem but I was able to read the error message when starting the installeR:
Code:
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xfffffff0000326346): "zone-init: kernel_suballoc failed"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.18.11/osfak/kern/zalloc.c:2199
Good news for the installer !
Now you seem to have a Clover related kernel panic.

Can you give the precise options you chose for the Clover installer ?

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS

Thanks Sebinouse and RehabMan for the help. Hope the others with the same setup as mine can make it work too.
If something goes wrong I post it here. So far so good.

Now I have to make the audio work, including headphones.

- EDIT -
Ok, sound is working. I reapplied the sound .sh file of post #1. I probably did something wrong the first time.

After graphics fix, ethernet stopped working when Nuc sleep / wake. I switched the AppleIntelE1000e kext with the IntelMausiEthernet (post #59). Problem fixed.

Also, I kept SSDT-3.aml in the EFI partition. If I remove it, graphics glitches appear again.

Sebinouse, thanks again.

Worked for me too. I think I had too many ad-hoc solutions. I wiped the disk, reinstalled OS X, followed the directions from this guide and the one you linked here. Graphics are perfect. The NUC is inside a 20" iMac G4.

View attachment 164636
That great ! ;)

Do you think you can share your files for this NUC so we can put them in the first post ?

@intopieces : very nice build, very neat ! it really seems like genuine iMac !

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Motherboard
Intel NUC D34010WYK
CPU
i3
Graphics
Intel HD4400
Mac
MacBook Pro
That great ! ;)

Do you think you can share your files for this NUC so we can put them in the first post ?

@intopieces : very nice build, very neat ! it really seems like genuine iMac !
Of course, here you go:

Config files:
View attachment config.plist
View attachment SSDT.aml
View attachment SSDT-3.aml

Graphics kexts:
View attachment FakePCIID.kext.zip
View attachment FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.zip

I'm not using SSDT-4.
SSDT-2 is the original from post #1.

Graphics minimum memory in Bios is 32MB, but About this Mac says Intel HD Graphics 4400 1536 MB

@intopieces, really great setup man! Congratulations.