Contribute
Register

Seasonic's solution for cable clutter/poor airflow in ATX builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to the new motherboard power standard. It's long overdue.
Wonder if Seasonic took this into account with their design. For me, I am pretty much unaffected by the change. I mean sure routing a cable with 10 wires instead of 24 is easier, and sure not needing to include EPS is slightly helpful that is one of the easiest wires to hide in a modern case.
I'd also like to see them update the PCI-e slot to provide more than 75W. I like the custom slots Apple uses in the current Mac Pro to power their video cards.
Not to say never but I seriously doubt this will ever happen. PC are not like Apple in that things are made standard and standards change almost never. This change would limit new cards from being used in older systems and that is a huge problem for a market known to be standard. For example, someone with a PCI-E 2.0 Motherboard can still plug a PCI-E 3.0 card in and go. Yes, there is a bottleneck but the slot is the same. SATA was a really long time coming but before that was IDE and all drives used it for a long time, boards carried IDE for a long time after SATA ports were added. The Z170A board I had still had a PCI slot on it. Though the AGP came and went like a hurricane and the same for PC firewire!

Have a look at this video. I don't expect it to have any problems with over-heating.

That is not the same thing shown in the pictures posted, maybe they were having the exact issues I was worried about and totally changed the design. This looks more like a two-piece power supply rather than just a power redistribution module! Though definitely not as clean as the posted pictures.

This thing looks very nice, but it has a couple major things wrong with it.

First, it is installed Bass Ackwards! I wouldn't be able to see inside it.

Second, it doesn't exist still after over a year.

I read somewhere (can't find links anymore) that the 3-digit code after the Q7 represents different feature sets for the case. So there is supposed to be several variations to the case.

I guess I'll have to pass, I'm too use to the standard ATX setups, and never like these BTX type setups. They claimed BTX was better, but it just never caught on.

I noticed is was made of aluminum. I have had major issues with aluminum cases where screws strip out over time from y constant upgrading my systems. This is where I discovered Lian Li reason for such expensive cases. They stamp steel nuts in the aluminum cases, so the screw won't strip out. plus they machine everything perfectly tight. they always have just great build quality. i mean even the pci slot covers fit very tight and even.

I will have to settle for newer version of the lian Li Dynamic 011, the ROG Dynamic 011 XL. It has a hot-swap RAID cage option. I was going to try and install it in my standard Dynamic 011 Razer RGB version. I like the whole case is for the MB, everything else is behind the back panel, with a couple inches of depth. The case is much wider than standard ATX cases and the XL version is even wider for larger exhaust fans and taller air coolers, but it is also shorter. Mid tower size, but fat.

maybe whenever they decide to release the Syncro, I may give it a shot? Maybe, I can put it in the multimedia room for gaming.

Have a look at this video. I don't expect it to have any problems with over-heating.

Linus shows where the ventilation holes are on the connect. This is the latest design that's part of latest Syncro Q7 package of case, PSU and cables. The hot air has an escape route out the side. Take a look.

Watching Linus clomp and clang his way through figuring out what goes where got painful after about 8 seconds. That said, this new system by Seasonic is interesting to say the least. Feels a little gimmicky still but I like where its heading. Will be very curious to see where they end up.

Watching Linus clomp and clang his way through figuring out what goes where got painful after about 8 seconds. That said, this new system by Seasonic is interesting to say the least. Feels a little gimmicky still but I like where its heading. Will be very curious to see where they end up.

Watching Linus is painful in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back