Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Now it won't boot to Yosemite at all. It freezes while trying to boot. I know it was 100% my fault, now is there a way to delete or change the configure.plist from Clover? Thanks for your help.

Now it won't boot to Yosemite at all. It freezes while trying to boot. I know it was 100% my fault, now is there a way to delete or change the configure.plist from Clover? Thanks for your help.

Boot using your USB and fix it.

I f'ed up and used the usb for my Windows 8.1 install. I guess I can start over with VMware and make a new install if that is what I have to. Just hoping for something else to cover my ass

I f'ed up and used the usb for my Windows 8.1 install. I guess I can start over with VMware and make a new install if that is what I have to. Just hoping for something else to cover my ass

If you know what is wrong and how to fix it, you can do it from Windows. EFI is FAT32 and can be mounted inside of Windows. Note that the files on EFI can only be changed from an elevated process.

Always keep a known good Clover USB installer. It is an important recovery tool.

Well Thanks, I'm not sure what I changed with Clover config. And I'm not sure what an elevated process is. I was trying to fix my iMessage error by changing the rom and mlb but obviously I didn know what I was doing. Too bad because everything was working but that.

Also lesson learned on keeping a Clover install usb

Well Thanks, I'm not sure what I changed with Clover config. And I'm not sure what an elevated process is. I was trying to fix my iMessage error by changing the rom and mlb but obviously I didn know what I was doing. Too bad because everything was working but that.

It is probably not possible to recover then without being able to run the ProBook Installer... Because you really need to be able to identify the error in the file.

Next time, don't edit config.plist with a text editor (you have to be super careful and have an understanding of xml). Always use a plist editor so you don't damage the file syntax.

If you have another hack or Mac around, you could fix it by removing the HDD from the laptop and connecting it to the computer (with USB/SATA adapter, for example).

I suppose you've already tried safe mode, or playing with other options within the Clover GUI...

Playing with Gui now, not sure how to get to safe mode. Again thanks for helping me out, weather it works or not

Playing with Gui now, not sure how to get to safe mode. Again thanks for helping me out, weather it works or not

Space bar in main Clover GUI gives a menu. You can choose safe mode from there.

Stuck on resetting IOCatalogue.
Calling it a night, will try again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back