Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI-F8c
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hi guys,

I ruined my installation today, by trying to upgrade to the latest Clover version 5126.
What happened?
- I updated the KEXTs via Hackintool and rebooted successfully afterwards
- I opened my old Clover 5122 and clicked on upgrade Clover to 5126. It installed the new Clover.
- I tried to reboot.

However, its not booting anymore. I get the Clover menu where I pick "boot MacOS from MacOS" then the Apple logo appears but nothing more. No progress bar and the computer gets stuck there.

I did a backup via CCC prior to this upgrade. However, when I try to boot from my backup SSD (old EFI was copied over) the same happens. I see the apple logo and nothing else progresses.

Any suggestions how I can fix this?

Hi,
I exactly have the same problem. have you managed to get it to work?

I have got the same problem. Try to create a Unibeast USB stick with an older Clover version. For me it works, but now, after booting I get a black screen.

I tried many things. In then end nothing worked. Which brought me to the decision to rebuild the system from scratch. Super painful as I have not lost only a photo book I had created for my wife but also I can't figure out to get iMessage back working. It took me now 2 days and I am still not back to the old status. What I noticed whilst browsing through the web that many people don't use Clover builds anymore but go with OpenCore instead. No idea how to build the system with OC. I now have Clover build 5122 in use, which works fine with the very latest Catalina build.

Last edited:
where are OpenRuntime.efi ?
didn't find them

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 10.04.28.png

If you install the app version
Where is OpenRuntime.efi ?
didn't find it in repertory CLOVER (and included subdirectories)

If you install the app version of Clover 5126, you can manually check OpenRuntime.efi.

I'm not so sure it will fix your or my problem though. I can boot Catalina fine now using 5126, but still having difficulties upgrading to Big Sur.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 4.21.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 4.21.27 PM.png
    288.1 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back