Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI z170m Mortar
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
1050ti
I've just finished building my Hackintosh and am trying to get it set up. It boots into Sierra OK, at times I get the prohibited message (any help here would be appreciated) but the bigger issue is that the entire screen flashes black, and then turns back on, and flashes black, and back on etc. It's like the screen is turning on and off rapidly.

After boot it runs ok very briefly (5-10 seconds) and then it starts to flash. As time goes on, it gets worse and worse, going less than a second between flashes.

I thought I might have better luck trying to go with El Capitan, but after creating the Boot USB, the bar loads about 3/4 the way, and just stops. I haven't had any luck in fixing that, but I'm not opposed to going to El Capitan, I just need it to boot.

I thought I might have better luck trying to go with El Capitan, but after creating the Boot USB, the bar loads about 3/4 the way, and just stops. I haven't had any luck in fixing that, but I'm not opposed to going to El Capitan, I just need it to boot.
Don't waste your time with El Capitan, there are no drivers for the GTX 10*0 (Pascal) graphics series, they only work with Sierra.

Not from what I found: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-8.0.81-driver.html

That's the Pascal driver, and it shows support for 10.11 (El Capitan) I'm down to go with Sierra, I just need it to work.
That's a CUDA driver, even if it is for El Capitan as you say then it will only function in apps specifically written to take advantage of it, not for everyday use. You would still need the web drivers and they don't exist for El Capitan.

Last edited:
Additionally, the Nvidia Pascal (GTX10x0) drivers only work on Sierra 10.12.4 and newer. You'll have to have these drivers to use the latest CUDA drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back