Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all,

I've fitted a rather old system - gigabyte z77-wifi mobo + i7-3770s + 16gb g.skill RAM - with a brand spanking new EVGA 1060 3GB.

I installed Sierra 10.12.5, using latest unibeast, finishing off with multibeast and latest pascal-enabled nvidia web driver (15f1). Very simple, and easy install. Surprised how everything just worked. Graphics performance is fast and everything works perfectly. Except...

After waking from sleep, I get screen tear and video lag. Funny thing is that the problem seems to kick in after about 1-2 seconds after waking, everything being perfect until then. After that the system becomes almost unusable, mainly due to the lag.

The only solution to this I found is to either reboot or disconnect, then reconnect HDMI, after which the system is perfect again.

Has anyone else experienced this? And does anyone know whether the problem's from Sierra or the web driver?

But most importantly, does anyone have a solution? Or at least point me to a potential solution? I'm willing to try anything at this point. Thanks!!

S

I didn't find it at first either! It is good to know it's not just my build doing this.

I should add I've had success with disabling the login screen after sleep under System Prefs > Security and also enabling that display off hot corner. Hasn't done it all day after a long sleep.

I didn't find it at first either! It is good to know it's not just my build doing this.

I should add I've had success with disabling the login screen after sleep under System Prefs > Security and also enabling that display off hot corner. Hasn't done it all day after a long sleep.

For me, I noticed that three things completely fixes the tearing and lag:

1. Reboot
2. pulling out the HDMI and reconnecting it
3. Log out and relogging back in

The hot corner method (I'm assuming forcing the display to sleep, then waking?) doesn't work for me though.

S

Switching display to hdmi1 and then back to display port via display menu fixes issue for me.
EVGA 1060 3Gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back