Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Screen sleep stopped working after update to mac os Catalina 10.15.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the builds I made of latest WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts.

Add igfxonln=1 to boot args or force-online to device properties to fix the problem.

With this I have HDMI audio working again!

And don't forget to remove the "CNConnectorAlwaysConnected" if you added it.

Edit: You can only use the boot arg with this beta build, the “force-online” is not working in this build.

Attachments

• Lilu.kext.zip
    315.3 KB · Views: 215
  • WhateverGreen.kext.zip
    240 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
This is a build I made of latest WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts.

Add igfxonln=1 to boot args or force-online to device properties to fix the problem.

With this I have audio HDMI working again!

Yeap i built the kexts from source too and i can confirm that on my rig it is working

Off course i am still referring to screen sleep and not system sleep. System sleep has never worked for my igpu only configuration.

This is a build I made of latest WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts.

With this I have audio HDMI working again!

Awesome it worked with my Gear. Thanks!

Didn’t work unfortunately for my setup. I’m running on an All-In-One with a second monitor connected via HDMI.

In 10.15.3, it would boot and show the HDMI monitor only. Putting it to sleep, then waking up fixed the internal display, and HDMI display continued to work.

Now, in 10.15.4, it boots and shows only on the HDMI like before, but after putting to sleep, and waking up again, the HDMI monitor doesn’t come back unless I replug.

Same with these updated WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts and the boot arg, no change in behavior.

Not sure if related in my case, but since 10.15.4, I also have to add “-disablegfxfirmware” to my boot args or I get:

Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #(1-50, then kernel panic)

Thank you. Finally works.

Hi would be able to tell me how you compiled the WEG and Lilu Kexts? I want to compile my own as I am using Opencore as bootloader instead of Clover. Thank you.

Hi would be able to tell me how you compiled the WEG and Lilu Kexts? I want to compile my own as I am using Opencore as bootloader instead of Clover. Thank you.

I use OpenCore too. They are compatible with both bootloaders.

I compiled it with Xcode, first compile Lilu and put the kext inside WhateverGreen project and then compile WhateverGreen.

There is a new commit that fixes the use of “force-online“ device property, when I compiled the project there was an error and only work with the boot arg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back