Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Screen sleep stopped working after update to mac os Catalina 10.15.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your Clover version installed?
The people developing it has changed a lot of things recently.
The last version of Clover is 5107 and corrects an incompatibility with Mac OS Catalina.

Clover 5107 is the minimum needed to update to 10.15.4 I think so everyone posting here about this problem would have that.

Same issue here, all worked perfectly in 10.15.3 but in 10.15.4, I get no display on boot, until I disconnect and reconnect HDMI. Intel HD 520. Luckily, I installed on a secondary drive to test the update before updating on my main drive. Clover 5107 here as well.

Same here. I have a GA-170N Wifi with i7 6600 running on on board Intel HD 530. Sleep worked fine at 10.15.3 and prior. Did a clean install of 10.15.4 - install went well and everything works except waking from sleep. Monitor cannot wake up - just a black screen.

I have been experimenting with native NVRAM, which is now working on Z390 boards. For it to work I needed to add SSDT-PMC.aml to ACPI/Patched, remove aptio fixes and add OcQuirks.efi, OcQuirks.plist and FwRuntimeServices.efi to Drivers/UEFI. Now this corresponded with updating to 10.15.4 and I could not get working power management, I put this down to me messing with NVRAM and not to the update. I have working power management now and native NVRAM. Maybe something to try? My monitor is connected by DP port. Also make sure serial ports are disabled and plugin type is selected in ACPI in config.plist.
Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 12.10.35.png

I am suffering from this also since the 10.15.4 update yesterday. The machine is waking from sleep but the display is off. I have tried updating kexts and clearing NVRAM to no avail. Also, removing and inserting the HDMI cable did not change anything.

@jmmc I tried to apply the "CNConnectorAlwaysConnected" this afternoon and I had to roll it back because it would not boot to the login screen following the change (Stuck at the apple logo). I did not get the verbose output but I can if it will help.

I am suffering from this also since the 10.15.4 update yesterday. The machine is waking from sleep but the display is off. I have tried updating kexts and clearing NVRAM to no avail. Also, removing and inserting the HDMI cable did not change anything.

@jmmc I tried to apply the "CNConnectorAlwaysConnected" this afternoon and I had to roll it back because it would not boot to the login screen following the change (Stuck at the apple logo). I did not get the verbose output but I can if it will help.

I don’t know what it can be.

I read on github and they are trying to fix it on the new version of WhateverGreen.

I hope they fix it because this workaround breaks audio over HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back