Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Screen sleep stopped working after update to mac os Catalina 10.15.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Gene Z170
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Since i built the hack, i did not have system sleep due to the intel hd 530 issues with system sleep.

I always resorted to screen sleep that has been working flawlessly over the last 3 years.

Since the latest update it has stopped working too and it has the same behaviour as the system sleep. The screen goes to 'sleep' but it never 'wakes'(stays black) again when i move the mouse or press any key.

i am referring to screen sleep and not system sleep that hasn't ever worked for my hack with igpu only!

I have the latest weg, lilu, virtualsmc correct cpu and gpu power management (don't know if it was any relation). iMac 17.1.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem and/or solved it somehow?

Update at 31 March

Next version of whatever green will resolve the issue. I build from source the kext and added:

igfxonln=1 on my boot args.

I repeat that it needs either lilu and whatevergreen kexts built from source or just a little patience until it is officially released!

Last edited:
Same problem for me (since 10.15.4 update).... iGPU only (UHD630)
System sleep worked withMojave but never worked not with Catalina

Even I have the same problem with the UHD 630 on 10.15.4. Everything worked fine on 10.15.3. I use a Dell Optiplex 3070 micro desktop with an Intel i5 9500T. Turning off and on the monitor makes it work again. Unplugging and plugging back the HDMI cord makes monitor work again.

Partial Fix: May or may not work for some

Since I use the iMac 19,1 smbios, I had to trick the system into believing that it has an internal display and it partially fixed the problem. Now it wakes up most of the times, but the display sometimes wakes up with a pink hue to it. If you do get a pink hue, turn the monitor off and on. At least now we know that it could be an EDID issue. This patch below needs to be added to the device section.

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>BwCbPg==</data>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,2,0</string>

<key>AAPL00,override-no-connect</key>
                <data>
                EDID data generated from the hackintool comes here.
                </data>

</dict>

Last edited:
Even I have the same problem with the UHD 630 on 10.15.4. Everything worked fine on 10.15.3. I use a Dell Optiplex 3070 micro desktop with an Intel i5 9500T. Turning off and on the monitor makes it work again. Unplugging and plugging back the HDMI cord makes monitor work again.

Partial Fix: May or may not work for some

Since I use the iMac 19,1 smbios, I had to trick the system into believing that it has an internal display and it partially fixed the problem. Now it wakes up most of the times, but the display sometimes wakes up with a pink hue to it. If you do get a pink hue, turn the monitor off and on. At least now we know that it could be an EDID issue. This patch below needs to be added to the device section.

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>BwCbPg==</data>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,2,0</string>

<key>AAPL00,override-no-connect</key>
                <data>
                EDID data generated from the hackintool comes here.
                </data>

</dict>

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately nothing works on my hack from your suggestions. Who knows maybe hd530 is in even weirder place :s. Glad though, that something has worked for someone else :p.

Btw do you use DP or HDMI?

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately nothing works on my hack from your suggestions. Who knows maybe hd530 is in even weirder place :s. Glad though, that something has worked for someone else :p.

Btw do you use DP or HDMI?

I used HDMI. ;) I did make an hackintosh with an HP Prodesk 600 with an i7 6700t sometime ago. I had some issues with the HD 530 graphics. Dual screens wouldn't work that well and hot plugging in a second display would cause the system to reboot.

I have the HD 615 Kaby Lake GPU and have the exact same issues. Everything was perfect and as soon as I updated to 10.15.4, the HDMI will display after boot for a few seconds and then disconnect. If I re-insert the HDMI, it works until it sleeps.
I have Screen Sharing on mine and this is what the Display Settings looks like.

I am using Lilu and WhateverGreen. I had been using Clover and have tried OpenCore both give the same issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 06.57.36.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 06.57.36.png
    771.1 KB · Views: 263
  • Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 06.57.57.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 06.57.57.png
    765.4 KB · Views: 237
I have the same problem on my Z370M-ITX/ac. The monitor always woke properly until 10.15.4. Now I have to power down and up the monitor or unplug and replug the HDMI cable. Changing to DisplayPort solved the problem but I'd like to know what happened with 10.15.4

My other computer, Z370-G Gaming (wi-fi ac), works fine with the new OS, but I am running an AMD video card in it. The Z370M has only the built in Intel 630 video.

Same problem with 10.15.4 update. This has worked perfectly so far through Mojave up to Catalina 10.15.3.
Just the UHD graphics from the MB, no video card.

After the update, here is what happens:

OS boots normally. First Apple logo with progress bar -> Momentary blank -> Apple logo again with progress bar, then blank, cursor goes to top left for an instant and then the monitor loses signal. The first part happened earlier. It is just the last signal loss after the Apple Logo and Progress bar is done.

Signal loss on waking from sleep as well.

But the OS is running fine and can be accessed via desktop sharing, TeamViewer, etc.

My MB has three video ports - HDMI, DP, DVI-D
Same issue with all three. If I connect both HDMI and DP, both monitors lose signal until each cable is re-plugged back.

There is no problem with framebuffers or device-ids, etc.

Once the cable is plugged back in, the display works just fine. It seems to be the last mile signal issue to the display monitor from the driver rather than upstream from the driver to the kernel to indicate if the display is connected. To the OS, the display is connected even if there is no signal coming to the display.

Could be a bug in the new Intel drivers in 10.15.4.

Hope there is a diagnosis and solution soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back