Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Screen sleep stopped working after update to mac os Catalina 10.15.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use OpenCore too. They are compatible with both bootloaders.

I compiled it with Xcode, first compile Lilu and put the kext inside WhateverGreen project and then compile WhateverGreen.

There is a new commit that fixes the use of “force-online“ device property, when I compiled the project there was an error and only work with the boot arg.

Is it necessary to compile Lilu w/debug option?

Thank you jmmc, this fix worked for me too.

Just tried the new Lilu and WEG and set igfxonln=1 and it solved my sleep/wake issue. Hurray

Great news! You mean the ones from this thread or the official releases?

Great news! You mean the ones from this thread or the official releases?
The official release right now is still the version 1.3.7 -> That does not solve the issues.

If you have some knowledge about building kexts from source (using xcode) you could try to build the version 1.3.8 from the official repository. Mind that this version is still under development(not buggy or anything), but when the official version comes out you should replace it with that.

Otherwise you can test the one provided here in the comments or wait until the developers make the final release of the kext. Reading from the comments(here and from their gitbub repository) i think that it will solve all of the issues for most of the users!

Reading from the comments(here and from their gitbub repository) i think that it will solve all of the issues for most of the users!

Well... I just built both Lilu and WEG from source and, unfortunately, it doesn't solve my particular wake-from-sleep issue. I also added igfxonln=1 in boot args.

My problem is that on my Lenovo X250, internal screen is black after wake from sleep :/

I'll try with force-online now, if I find where the option goes.

Well... I just built both Lilu and WEG from source and, unfortunately, it doesn't solve my particular wake-from-sleep issue. I also added igfxonln=1 in boot args.

My problem is that on my Lenovo X250, internal screen is black after wake from sleep :/

I'll try with force-online now, if I find where the option goes.

OK, with both options, it works! But OSX is totally frozen.....

EDIT: ... nop. It only worked one time! Probably unrelated. Back to dark screen at wake:/

Last edited:
Hi all! I found the solution to my problem. Albeit being very specific to my case, I'm putting the information there in case it's useful to someone else.

So, my 'wake to black screen' issue on Catalina 10.15.4 was related to the modified version of acidanthera's BrcmPatchRAM I was using to make my DW1820A work.

These problematic drivers on 10.15.4 were available on another forum.

Since they are the only drivers that work correctly with DW1820A today, there is no more readily available / fully-working solution for this particular card on 10.15.4. AFAIK, this modified version of the drivers was loading a more recent FW to the DW1820A than the one still used by the official BrcmPatchRAM.

I switched to a new DW1830 card and used the latest official release of acidanthera's BrcmPatchRAM. And now everything is working mostly smoothly: sleep/wake, wifi and bt.

So, even if you don't have a DW1820A card, if you have this wake to black screen issue on 10.15.4, it may well be related to your wifi card + driver combo. Make sure to update to the latest version of acidanthera's BrcmPatchRAM.

Last edited:
Lilu and WEG updates are officially available ... I just installed them, set the igpxoln=1 option, no problem with 10.15.3.
Now I have to test 10.15.4 but it will take a few hours to download it again!

EDIT :
BTW : I updated Lilu and WEG using Clover Configurator.
I installed 10.15.4 update without any problem.

Last edited:
I was having similar problem on Catalina 10.15.4. After booted to login screen, it briefly appeared and display signal was cut off, then my monitor went into sleep mode forcing me to manually switch on the monitor again.

I fixed above issue by
  • Update to Lilu 1.4.3 and WEG 1.3.8
  • Add igfxonln=1 and -disablegfxfirmware (not sure if this really needed?) to boot arguments
  • Remove CNConnectorAlwaysConnected in Devices / Properties by adding framebuffer-con0-flags = 90000000
But then I had another issue with audio over HDMI as there is no sound. In the end, I use UseIntelHDMI flag to re-enable the audio.

i got this issue too sleep awake screen after apple loading logo.here is my efi if anyone would help me to edit my config.plist would help a lot i dont have back os x i cant edited?

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    22.3 MB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back