Contribute
Register

Screen Resolution Issue after clean install following 10.8.5 woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit Finder, then at the top Finder Preferences, select Hard Drives, then on your Desktop you will see your Mountain Lion partition appear. Open it and inside you will see the extra folder.

My suggestion would be to remove the device properties you added. Then in MultiBeast you could go to Customizations/Boot options and select Instant Menu. Restart.

This will then not boot to your SL installation primarily but halt at the Chimera boot screen, giving you the choice of which OS you would like to run.

I tried the -instant menu after undoing the plist edit and now it works fine. If I have to through the Chimera screen to boot, that doesn't bother me one bit. Thank you Wild. Since I seem to be doing well today, I want to ask one last question ( I promise ) about the screen resolution before I dive into the forums for audio support and nVidia installation.

I tried to re-hookup the second monitor and instead of a typical "No Signal" problem (fixable), it now says "no support". I went into display settings and got both monitors to work under 1080i but only as long as the monitors were in monitor mirroring. If I disable dual monitors, I lose the ability to change the display size. Thoughts?

I tried the -instant menu after undoing the plist edit and now it works fine. If I have to through the Chimera screen to boot, that doesn't bother me one bit. Thank you Wild. Since I seem to be doing well today, I want to ask one last question ( I promise ) about the screen resolution before I dive into the forums for audio support and nVidia installation.

I tried to re-hookup the second monitor and instead of a typical "No Signal" problem (fixable), it now says "no support". I went into display settings and got both monitors to work under 1080i but only as long as the monitors were in monitor mirroring. If I disable dual monitors, I lose the ability to change the display size. Thoughts?

Try using 1080p instead of 1080i.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back