Intel i7 3770
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[Ill include my build in the following post]

It has been a few months since I have been here. My customac that I built has been running beautifully. The best part is that the Time Machine backup exactly transferred everything from the old laptop so now I have everything I had prior but 20x faster and 6 times as much hard drive space.

As with many people, 10.8.5 brought along a few issues.....most notably audio, video, and wifi. I decided to wait out the storm and revert back to 10.8.4. I redid my build from scratch (ivybridge iboot for SL, ML 10.8.2 unibeast, multibeast, boot0:error fix). My issues arose after completing the reboot following multibeast. Now when it logs into the login screen (following the apple screen), it appears the screen has been squished down to 1/50 of the screen size and then repeated across the screen with overlaps.

1) What boot prompts can I use to override this?

2) What changes to I have to make in boot.plist or multibeast?

Try booting back into OS X with -x at the Chimera boot screen. In MultiBeast navigate to Customizations/Boot Options and select 1080p Display, Restart. I'm assuming you are wanting the use of HD4000.

[Possible But Temporary Fix]
I managed to boot up, log in, quickly log out and this time it gave me an unproportioned screen and i found my way into display settings and took it off "best for display". This screen then worked fine on 1080p until I rebooted. I haven't gotten back into that partial screen since.

Try booting back into OS X with -x at the Chimera boot screen. In MultiBeast navigate to Customizations/Boot Options and select 1080p Display, Restart. I'm assuming you are wanting the use of HD4000.

Wild,

I was happy using the built in graphics before and didn't mind not plugging in the GTX 660. For now, ill just settle with a working computer. Eventually It would be nice to have the nVidia plugged in but I have yet to attempt it.

Wild,

I was happy using the built in graphics before and didn't mind not plugging in the GTX 660. For now, ill just settle with a working computer. Eventually It would be nice to have the nVidia plugged in but I have yet to attempt it.

Have you tried my suggestion? It will stop the multiple screens on your display:thumbup:

Have you tried my suggestion? It will stop the multiple screens on your display:thumbup:

Wild,

Thank you. That fixed it.

I have the forum page bookmarked to fix my audio (next task) and maybe after that look into installing the GTX 660 but for now I have just one other question. I did the boot0:error fix following the guide on tonymacx. My issue now though is that the system tries to boot into my Snow Leopard Partition instead of my Mountain Lion Partition. (I only keep the SL OS on a small partition in case I run into any issues while updating to ML. When ML runs perfectly, I delete it.)

Wild,

Thank you. That fixed it.

I have the forum page bookmarked to fix my audio (next task) and maybe after that look into installing the GTX 660 but for now I have just one other question. I did the boot0:error fix following the guide on tonymacx. My issue now though is that the system tries to boot into my Snow Leopard Partition instead of my Mountain Lion Partition. (I only keep the SL OS on a small partition in case I run into any issues while updating to ML. When ML runs perfectly, I delete it.)

You're welcome. Take a look here Choose default OS boot after some seconds

If you go into Utilities/Terminal and type

Code:
diskutil list

You will be able to see which partition you want to boot primarily and add that your Org.Chameleon.boot.plist as shown in the link.

How To Edit a .plist

I am assuming this will work. I have never tried it:D

You're welcome. Take a look here Choose default OS boot after some seconds

If you go into Utilities/Terminal and type

Code:
diskutil list

You will be able to see which partition you want to boot primarily and add that your Org.Chameleon.boot.plist as shown in the link.

How To Edit a .plist

I am assuming this will work. I have never tried it:D

Wild,

I tried that and now this happens in the top left of my screen before it freezes at the grey screen

Non-string tag 'devices-properties" found in config file
Errors encountered while starting up the computer
Pausing 5 seconds.

I followed the guide you linked and I can't think of what's causing the issue now

P.S. How do I find the /extras folder when in safe mode

Wild,

I tried that and now this happens in the top left of my screen before it freezes at the grey screen

Non-string tag 'devices-properties" found in config file
Errors encountered while starting up the computer
Pausing 5 seconds.

I followed the guide you linked and I can't think of what's causing the issue now

P.S. How do I find the /extras folder when in safe mode

Hit Finder, then at the top Finder Preferences, select Hard Drives, then on your Desktop you will see your Mountain Lion partition appear. Open it and inside you will see the extra folder.

My suggestion would be to remove the device properties you added. Then in MultiBeast you could go to Customizations/Boot options and select Instant Menu. Restart.

This will then not boot to your SL installation primarily but halt at the Chimera boot screen, giving you the choice of which OS you would like to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back