Contribute
Register

Screen resolution fixed at 1280x1024, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5
Graphics
GTX 770
Hi guys, I 've finished recently my installation of macOS Sierra on my desktop.
I was able to make the nvidia drivers work, when I say work I mean, the computer detects it and I can select it as default.

But I'm having a problem now, it's the resolution. It's stucked at 1280x1024, and I have already tried the Graphics Mode option, using programs (obviuosly they doesn't do anything), and I found a post that says what can be happening, but I can't get into Recovery mode, to apply the path.

Actually the HDMI port doesn't work also.

What the hell can I do to fix that problem? I have been searching but I can't find the problem.

Thanks.

Computer Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Z77-a
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 2GB
SSD: Corsair 250GB
Display: LG IPS LED 22EA53

Attachments

• 20170529_223434407_iOS.jpg
    20170529_223434407_iOS.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 431
Hi guys, I 've finished recently my installation of macOS Sierra on my desktop.
I was able to make the nvidia drivers work, when I say work I mean, the computer detects it and I can select it as default.

But I'm having a problem now, it's the resolution. It's stucked at 1280x1024, and I have already tried the Graphics Mode option, using programs (obviuosly they doesn't do anything), and I found a post that says what can be happening, but I can't get into Recovery mode, to apply the path.

Actually the HDMI port doesn't work also.

What the hell can I do to fix that problem? I have been searching but I can't find the problem.

Thanks.

Computer Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Z77-a
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 2GB
SSD: Corsair 250GB
Display: LG IPS LED 22EA53

I have the same problem, I am using the latest nVidia web driver and the resolution is at 1280 x 1024.
In Windows 10 it is 1920 x 1080 which is the monitors default. I am running Sierra 10.12.6
I cannot seem to resolve this issue, which a search shows this problem numerous times but no one seems to be able to solve this. I have a GTX 650

Trying to fix the same problem here.
GTX 650 in High Sierra 10.13.6.
I installed the Nvidia web driver, but this not solve my problem.

Sorry to resurrect and old thread, did this get resolved? If so, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back