Contribute
Register

Screen resolution fixed at 1280x1024, help!

CPU
i5
Graphics
GTX 770
Hi guys, I 've finished recently my installation of macOS Sierra on my desktop.
I was able to make the nvidia drivers work, when I say work I mean, the computer detects it and I can select it as default.

But I'm having a problem now, it's the resolution. It's stucked at 1280x1024, and I have already tried the Graphics Mode option, using programs (obviuosly they doesn't do anything), and I found a post that says what can be happening, but I can't get into Recovery mode, to apply the path.

Actually the HDMI port doesn't work also.

What the hell can I do to fix that problem? I have been searching but I can't find the problem.

Thanks.

Computer Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Z77-a
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 2GB
SSD: Corsair 250GB
Display: LG IPS LED 22EA53

Attachments

Motherboard
ASUS CM 6870 LGA 1155
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 650
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi guys, I 've finished recently my installation of macOS Sierra on my desktop.
I was able to make the nvidia drivers work, when I say work I mean, the computer detects it and I can select it as default.

But I'm having a problem now, it's the resolution. It's stucked at 1280x1024, and I have already tried the Graphics Mode option, using programs (obviuosly they doesn't do anything), and I found a post that says what can be happening, but I can't get into Recovery mode, to apply the path.

Actually the HDMI port doesn't work also.

What the hell can I do to fix that problem? I have been searching but I can't find the problem.

Thanks.

Computer Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Z77-a
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 2GB
SSD: Corsair 250GB
Display: LG IPS LED 22EA53
I have the same problem, I am using the latest nVidia web driver and the resolution is at 1280 x 1024.
In Windows 10 it is 1920 x 1080 which is the monitors default. I am running Sierra 10.12.6
I cannot seem to resolve this issue, which a search shows this problem numerous times but no one seems to be able to solve this. I have a GTX 650

Trying to fix the same problem here.
GTX 650 in High Sierra 10.13.6.
I installed the Nvidia web driver, but this not solve my problem.