Contribute
Register

Screen resolution and dual monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, just installed my first hackintosh but I'm having several problems, this post is asking about the most important ones now (I also have boot problems, but can use the boot manager via usb to boot into my SSD-install macOS Sierra).

I have two dell 2560x1440 pixel screens, but Sierra only detects one and sets it to 1280x1024 size. I tried installed nvidia web drivers (newest) following the link on the installation site on this site, I also have the nvidia controll panel and grahpics driver set to the NVIDIA Web Driver.

I also re-ran multibeast and sat my system definition from mac pro 6,1 to iMac 14.2 as I read that it might help somewhere.

My two monitors are connected using DisplayPort directly into my Nvidia GTX 970 card, they both work fine under Windows. I also tried connecting one of them using HDMI but it can't be detected. I also tried manually setting the size in in SwitchResX but to no effect.

As I said this is my first install, and it's all very new to me, but I am willing to buckle down and learn; so thank you for all replies! : )

The rest seems to be in order as far as I can tell, audio, network and even the bluetooth works.

The install was done following the tonymac86 install guide.
UPDATE!!!!
I have managed full resolution on one screen using *only* the boot flags recommended in the graphics troubleshooter on this site, the other screen is still completely unresponsive, have tried using both HDMI and DisplayPort.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 01.15.11.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 01.15.11.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
I feel your pain!! I just installed my GTX 960 last night and I actually had both screens working last night then this morning the second monitor via HDMI is completely not responding. Trying to figure out what happened between last night and today!

" InjectNvidia=False GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1"
These are invalid boot flags. GraphicsEnabler doesn't exist in Clover, and Inject/Nvidia is a setting in your config.plist. Your screenshot in post #1 shows that it's falsely enabled. Disabling it will fix your issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back