Asus Maximus IX Formula Z270
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I would like to have your opinion on a small phenomenon that is a bit annoying for me.

I installed Ventura, solved my black screen problem on the login page.
But there is a small phenomenon that bothers me, and that I can't fix:

When my Hackintosh starts everything goes well, but when I reach the connection stage, the screen goes black for 2-3 seconds and the display comes back. It's as if there was a refresh of the screen. This happens on every boot.
How do I get rid of this stealthy black screen?

Thank you

When we know what you are using we may be able to offer some advice on how to fix things. Getting impatient when you don't provide any details of the issue is pointless, all it will do is tell people to ignore your post and not to help you.

The black screen is probably happening at the point where the Bios hands over the display to the OS, so yes there is a refresh and this is normal. But maybe not for the duration of time you are seeing.

What DeviceProperties are you using with your Kaby Lake HD630 IGPU?
How have you configured the Graphics in your bios?

This issue could be related to the framebuffer or other patches and bios settings you are using. But we would never know for sure, as you haven't bothered providing any useful information, just a whine that no one has responded!

When we know what you are using we may be able to offer some advice on how to fix things. Getting impatient when you don't provide any details of the issue is pointless, all it will do is tell people to ignore your post and not to help you.

The black screen is probably happening at the point where the Bios hands over the display to the OS, so yes there is a refresh and this is normal. But maybe not for the duration of time you are seeing.

What DeviceProperties are you using with your Kaby Lake HD630 IGPU?
How have you configured the Graphics in your bios?

This issue could be related to the framebuffer or other patches and bios settings you are using. But we would never know for sure, as you haven't bothered providing any useful information, just a whine that no one has responded!

Hi @Edhawk,

You're right, I should have taken the trouble to give more details, but I thought that the information from my profile would suffice. In my DeviceProperties, here is what I put as settings:

1670538934163.png

For the graphics settings of my bios, I can tell you tomorrow.
Yes as you say, I was thinking of a framebuffer issue.

You need to look at the framebuffer-con0-alldata entry, as you appear to have the HDMI device listed twice (00080000) in the second and fifth data sets.

Why not add the DisplayPort device properties, it provides a better 4K refresh? It would be framebuffer-con1-alldata I would assume, if the HDMI is on con0.

You have some unnecessary entries, which add nothing to how your IGPU works.
  • AAPL,slot-name
  • device-id (you are not faking the ID so not required)
  • device-type (macOS knows what it is)
  • disable-external-gpu (what external GPU?)
They do nothing helpful, but don't hurt the setup, just fluff and filler.

Let's see what you have set in your bios.

Changing Graphics priority from Auto to IGPU/CPU may help.

You need to look at the framebuffer-con0-alldata entry, as you appear to have the HDMI device listed twice (00080000) in the second and fifth data sets.

Why not add the DisplayPort device properties, it provides a better 4K refresh? It would be framebuffer-con1-alldata I would assume, if the HDMI is on con0.

• AAPL,slot-name

Hi @@Edhawk,

Ho yes I had not even paid attention to the duplicates.
I'll fix that, and also remove any unnecessary entries. I will also modify the Bios.
I'll let you know.
Thank you very much for your invaluable help.

• AAPL,slot-name

Hi @Edhawk,

I removed the duplicates, on the properties of framebuffer-con0-alldata, but when restarting, I have a black screen.
I continue my tests, but for the moment I did not manage to solve my problem

Hello guys,

I come back to you because I searched for weeks, but I can't find anything.

Anyone have an idea? Thanks
you will have to zip and upload your EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back