Contribute
Register

screen is Very Very dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
i saw Console.app but not found 'failed to load'

I'm not sure what you're saying. You need to look in system.log for debug messages related to ACPIBrightness and see if you can tell what is happening (or not happening).

and i edited dsdt. but max bright fail...

I can't help any further. It is now up to you to do some debugging... Good luck.

Note: Not all DSDT brightness methods work (for example, the ProBook DSDT tries to call back into Windows via WMI and fails).

System.log search for word 'ACPIBacklight'
Log : Aug 28 23:54:11 localhost kernel[0]: ACPIBacklightPanel: ACPI Methods _DOS _BCL _BCM _BQC found. Device path: _SB.PNLFAug 28 23:54:11 localhost kernel[0]: ACPIBacklightPanel: getIndexForLevel(193) not found in _BCL table !
Aug 28 23:54:11 localhost kernel[0]: ACPIBacklightPanel: Version 1.2
Aug 29 10:38:08 localhost kernel[0]: ACPIBacklightPanel: ACPI Methods _DOS _BCL _BCM _BQC found. Device path: _SB.PNLF
Aug 29 10:38:08 localhost kernel[0]: ACPIBacklightPanel: getIndexForLevel(145) not found in _BCL table !
Aug 29 10:38:08 localhost kernel[0]: ACPIBacklightPanel: Version 1.2
Aug 29 10:39:56 localhost kernel[0]: considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.darwin.driver.ACPIBacklight triggered rebuild

Is there a way to fix?

System.log search for word 'ACPIBacklight'
Log : Aug 28 23:54:11 localhost kernel[0]: ACPIBacklightPanel: ACPI Methods _DOS _BCL _BCM _BQC found. Device path: _SB.PNLFAug 28 23:54:11 localhost kernel[0]: ACPIBacklightPanel: getIndexForLevel(193) not found in _BCL table !
Aug 28 23:54:11 localhost kernel[0]: ACPIBacklightPanel: Version 1.2
Aug 29 10:38:08 localhost kernel[0]: ACPIBacklightPanel: ACPI Methods _DOS _BCL _BCM _BQC found. Device path: _SB.PNLF
Aug 29 10:38:08 localhost kernel[0]: ACPIBacklightPanel: getIndexForLevel(145) not found in _BCL table !
Aug 29 10:38:08 localhost kernel[0]: ACPIBacklightPanel: Version 1.2
Aug 29 10:39:56 localhost kernel[0]: considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.darwin.driver.ACPIBacklight triggered rebuild

Is there a way to fix?

Looks like you need to rebuild cache. That would be a start, but probably not the issue.

And I think you'll get more information if you install the debug version.

Also, keep an eye on that log as you manipulate the slider in SysPrefs->Displays...

I do not know how to Debug in console.app.
In the Search tried Google, but no other information appears. Please let us know
In addition, the move is BrightBar of Display brightness adjustment not one

I do not know how to Debug in console.app.
In the Search tried Google, but no other information appears. Please let us know
In addition, the move is BrightBar of Display brightness adjustment not one

No, install the debug version of the ACPIBacklight.kext. It will have more debug output (that can be seen in system.log) than the release version.

BTW, which version are you using? There are at least two recent ones:

original by hotKoffy: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/268219-acpi-backlight-driver/
second one by fxtentacle: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/268219-acpi-backlight-driver/page-6#entry1931564

And I notice that debug builds are not provided, which means to get more information, you will have to build it with xcode.

I'm in the same boat as OP here the screen is very dark tried everything he did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back