Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus H81M-Plus
CPU
Intel i5-4690k
Graphics
Sapphire RX580
Hi all,

This is my first time building a Hackintosh/CustoMac and I have ran into an issue after (what I think was) a successful installation.

The specs for my machine are as follows:
Asus H81M-Plus Motherboard,
Intel i5-4690K CPU,
Sapphire RX580 GPU,
8GB DDR3 RAM.

For the installation process I have been following this guide. For the duration of the whole installation process I have been using the PCI graphics card. The system boots fine into safe mode (which I am currently using to write this post) in which the wired networking card works fine, I have even managed to download an App from the App Store which I have purchased on my conventional Mac device.

However, during a normal boot up, after the system finishes the boot-up sequence, the monitor goes blank and looses signal.
Here is a link to a YouTube video which is a slow-motion recording of the normal boot up sequence with the verbose flag on.

For what I have seen on many other threads I am assuming that this is caused by either improper UEFI BIOS configuration or missing drivers (kext files?).

In terms of the BIOS configuration which is part of the installation guide, I have disabled VT-d, disabled Secure Boot Mode and switched the OS Type to Other OS. The following settings are missing from my BIOS: CFG-Lock, XHCI Handoff, and IO Serial Port (my mobo does not feature a serial port which is why this settings is not present).

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks in advance.

Did you use the MultiBeast for High Sierra's option below?

Customization > Graphics > AMD Graphics Fixup

See the MultiBeast for HS Features document, page 7. Also on MultiBeast.com.

I could not boot normally and MultiBeast did not work in safe mode. I have however managed to fix the issue by installing the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts using Clover (using the guide from here).

The last time I tried using MultiBeast I managed to cause Kernel panics. I will have a go at using it again in order to install the Audio driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back