Contribute
Register

screen goes to power saving mode if booting 18,3?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok this is my next problem.....

I currently have SMBIOS set for 14,2 and there doesn't seem to be any issues.

But with and Intel i7-8700K, I should be probably be using 18,3...but when I make the change my screen will go to power save mode (not sure if this is the same black screen others have reported.)

I've tried booting with iGPU off, monitors unplugged, and anything else I could think of.

Would appreciate any suggestions, help, etc. thanks.

Ok this is my next problem.....

I currently have SMBIOS set for 14,2 and there doesn't seem to be any issues.

But with and Intel i7-8700K, I should be probably be using 18,3...but when I make the change my screen will go to power save mode (not sure if this is the same black screen others have reported.)

I've tried booting with iGPU off, monitors unplugged, and anything else I could think of.

Would appreciate any suggestions, help, etc. thanks.
Try using an iMac18,3 SMBIOS but change the Board-ID to that an iMac14,2 (Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61).

@P1LGRIM, thanks for the instructions and board ID. I had read yesterday about doing that, but didn't have a board ID. I put in the information you sent and all works, so far!

I also read to set plugintype and xclm which for the coffee lake cpu - any knowledge on that?

thanks again!

@P1LGRIM - will give it a read, but it's not updated for an i7-8700K (coffee lake)

@P1LGRIM - will give it a read, but it's not updated for an i7-8700K (coffee lake)
Go back to where you read about it then to see if their guide is more up to date.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back