Contribute
Register

Screen goes off when trying to install Yosemite (i7, gtx 580, x58)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
x58
CPU
i7 950
Graphics
gtx 580
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!
I'm new here, and I thank you all for giving me the possibility to be part of this community.

Lately i've been trying to install Mac Os X Yosemite 10.10 in my machine (Asus X58 Sabertooth with 1402 bios, i7 950, Gainward Geforce GTX 580) with UniBeast.

After that the logo appears, my screen goes off. I googled it and i found that is a common issue, and i tried all the suggested commands as "npci=0x2000", "GraphicsEnabler=Yes", "GraphicsEnabler=No", "-v", "-f", "PCIRootUID=0", but nothing seems to work for me.

Can you, please, help me? I tried (almost) everything to make it work, but with no positive results!

Thank you so much

I'm waiting :beachball:

oh god, didn't try that one.
i'll do it right now
Should i try that along with some other flag?
thanks

tried both, with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and GraphicsEnabler=No.
Nothing changes

Hi!
I'm new here, and I thank you all for giving me the possibility to be part of this community.

Lately i've been trying to install Mac Os X Yosemite 10.10 in my machine (Asus X58 Sabertooth with 1402 bios, i7 950, Gainward Geforce GTX 580) with UniBeast.

After that the logo appears, my screen goes off. I googled it and i found that is a common issue, and i tried all the suggested commands as "npci=0x2000", "GraphicsEnabler=Yes", "GraphicsEnabler=No", "-v", "-f", "PCIRootUID=0", but nothing seems to work for me.

Can you, please, help me? I tried (almost) everything to make it work, but with no positive results!

Thank you so much

I'm waiting :beachball:

Connect monitor to DVI/HDMI port. VGA not supported on Yosemite and avoid conversion cables.

Disable Integrated Graphics on BIOS.
Set PCIe/Graphics Card as your Initial Display Port/Primary Video Adapter on BIOS.

Then try booting with "PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f -v"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back