Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Screen Freeze / black screen after wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Yes. This is the correct setting that worked for me. What do you mean by "crash on wake?" The issue I was experiencing was my screen was frozen when the computer woke up. The mouse, keyboard, etc wasn't responding and I had to forcefully power off the machine (through physical power button.) Does your screen appear to be frozen upon waking or is your system actually crashing and showing an error?

Ah, thank you for your reply. I think I'm experiencing something a bit different.

My computer can wake from a short sleep (under 30 seconds). But if it sleeps much longer than that, it doesn't wake up properly. The computer powers up (power button glows, fans start spinning) but the screen remains black. *Often* it's rebooting (with the screen remaining black for all but the last few seconds of the reboot), and I'm usually greeted by a panic report (the last 3 of 3 have all been different).

I really appreciate the reply; it will save me time trying to troubleshoot this as a solution. Instead, it looks like I probably need to look elsewhere.

Thank you!

me too h97 D3H sleep late wake up then auto reboot

On some configurations, Applealc.kext crash/reboot after wake . They have fix it on next version (1.4.3). If you think that can be your problem. Anyway I have attach my compiled applealc.kext with that fix.

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    1,004.7 KB · Views: 105
This fix did not work for me. Gigabyte H270 Gaming 3 on Catalina

Hi,

Yes. This is the correct setting that worked for me. What do you mean by "crash on wake?" The issue I was experiencing was my screen was frozen when the computer woke up. The mouse, keyboard, etc wasn't responding and I had to forcefully power off the machine (through physical power button.) Does your screen appear to be frozen upon waking or is your system actually crashing and showing an error?
I've been having this exact issue since maybe sierra?? Computer will be sleeping, ill either move mouse of tap a button keyboard, it wakes up and sometimes its back as usual or i just get a black screen i need to forcefully kill power and reboot.
I disabled serial and parallel in bios, still same issue. I have a Asus b85m-g, i5 4440, currently running catalina 10.15.1
My install was clean mojave 10.14.6, upgraded to 10.15.1 and applies multibeast mojave for kext and clover..
Systems runs fine but sometimes i get that black screen.

macOS 10.15.1
MB: GA Z77-D3H
Setting bios to Advanced \ Super IO Configuration → Serial Port: Disabled fixed my wake issue (black screen and powered off keyboard+mouse).
Thanx!

I have the same problem, but I can’t find the Serial Port option in my bios.
ASUS sabertooth z97 mark s
Maybe there is no com port on this motherboard?

Attachments

• config.plist
    9 KB · Views: 66
Disabling the serial port worked for me too. Using a Gigabyte GA-h77-D3H motherboard with an I3. I wonder if there is anyone around who can explain why this solves a problem on an external monitor? Does the Imac "think" the display is connected through the serial port? And if so why is this not a problem while booting? I really do not have the faintest clue.

Disabling the serial port worked for me too. Using a Gigabyte GA-h77-D3H motherboard with an I3. I wonder if there is anyone around who can explain why this solves a problem on an external monitor? Does the Imac "think" the display is connected through the serial port? And if so why is this not a problem while booting? I really do not have the faintest clue.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back